PDA

View Full Version : here's tucker!

shuggy
06-22-2007, 01:17 AM
it's not a great picture, it's from my phone. i'll post more details tomorrow. he will be staying a few days with us! he's so well behaved so far!!

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s134/stampingsoftheshug/tucker.jpg

hbpuppy
06-22-2007, 01:46 AM
He's so cute. I'm pet sitting too, for a turtle and a cat. What a coinkydink.

iloveflipflops
06-22-2007, 04:14 AM
Good luck! He sure is cute. Hope it all works out!!

inkinupstamps
06-22-2007, 06:37 AM
I hope it all works out for you! Tucker (I love the name) looks like a beauty! Keep the photos coming and best wishes that everything will work out well! :)

GrammaStamper
06-22-2007, 06:58 AM
He's really cute, but looks more brown than black. Hope Kerry falls for him.

ellie
06-22-2007, 09:26 AM
He is beautiful. I hope Kerry will really get attached. Labs are such great dogs.

Christie
06-22-2007, 09:29 AM
Tucker is cute! Who's dog is he?

jewele803
06-22-2007, 09:48 AM
How cute...hope everything works out for you!

workin4stamps
06-22-2007, 09:56 AM
He's a cutie!! Can't wait to get another update today!!

Traci

Erin K
06-22-2007, 10:15 AM
I like him very much. I love labs.

I'm pet sitting a turtle but there's nothing to report, it just hangs out in the tank.

shuggy
06-22-2007, 10:58 AM
well here's the scoop. cindi brought tucker over and stayed for about an hour. we were all just playing in the backyard. he was a little shy and couldn't quite figure out what was going on. cindi left, and at first tucker was very nervous...kept going to look out the window and sitting by the door. i decided i would take him for a little walk around the neighborhood so he could see where he was and that cindi wasn't just on the other side of the door! he did pretty good. once we got back, he curled up by the couch and watched tv with us. when it was time for bed, we put him in his kennel so he would have at least that familiarity. he went right in and laid down. we went up to bed and i heard one little "ruff" and that was it. quiet the rest of the night.

unfortunately, i think kerry may truely be allergic to him. he had an awful night of sleep, then woke up sick this morning, but i think it's the gunk i had monday. so hopefully it will get better.

so i get up and go downstairs to get tucker he's just hanging out in his kennel. we go outside and he does his buisness. then we come back in and he settles in for a nap. he's the most well behaved dog i've seen!! i wonder if it's cause he came from a house with 4 dogs and now he's the only child!! he doesn't bark at all, he has made a few playful growly noises, but that's it!!

kerry's skeptical cause he doesn't know how to play fetch. he's pretty smart though. i'll have to see if i can get him interested in playing with a ball!!

i'll post some new pictures in a little bit!

JBgreendawn
06-22-2007, 11:07 AM
He's beautiful Angie,
oh my Dr gave me zrytec pills... ( i am allergic to alot of things including dog and cat dandruff) its hard for a month or so, but after you've had them a while and you take the pills every day you get "used to it"

one thing you can work on if you want him to do things with you like fetch, is cut up a hot dog in slices and when he does what you want him to do give him one. ( put a snack size baggie in your pocket) They like treats and will pretty much do anything to get them. :)

hopefully the cold will pass quickly for Kerry too.

tojoco
06-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Aww how can you not fall in love with Tucker. He's a looker. Good luck.

shuggy
06-22-2007, 03:08 PM
here he is after a nice bath!!!
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s134/stampingsoftheshug/tucker1.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s134/stampingsoftheshug/tucker-1.jpg

Christie
06-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Aww he is so cute! How could kerry not like that cute face!! If it will make him feel any better my dog doesn't play fetch either!!

hutchink
06-22-2007, 03:44 PM
WOW what a sweet looking boy he is! Love his name! I'm sure that Kerry will fall in love with him too! Good Luck!

~K

workin4stamps
06-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Angie....any more updates on Tucker??? He's such a cutie!!!

:-)
Traci

shuggy
06-23-2007, 11:55 AM
well, i am so sad, but i don't think he is going to be staying. :cry2: he is such a good dog. he hasn't had any accidents in the house, he hasn't broken anything!! he is such a sweet boy. but kerry and him don't like each other. he is totally afraid of kerry, won't go near him. he was like this with my brother. i think he just doesn't like boys. he probably hasn't seen many. anytime i leave the room he follows me. kerry is having problems with his allergies. i don't know. i think we'll have to decide today.:confused:

JBgreendawn
06-26-2007, 09:42 AM
you know what though,
alot of male dogs end up being "mama's boys" and visa versa for female dogs...
and I have the idea the lady who brought him to you is single so he's more used to following the woman around too...

patg
06-26-2007, 11:01 AM
What a nice looking dog! Love that chocolate brown! Pat

iloveflipflops
06-26-2007, 11:32 AM
What's the latest with Tucker? Is he staying?

shuggy
06-27-2007, 01:08 PM
i'm sad to report that tucker went back home on sunday. it just wasn't working out. he was lonely, didn't like kerry and kerry couldn't breathe. so for now, we are petless.:no2:

JBgreendawn
06-27-2007, 02:49 PM
ooh that is, I'm Sorry Angie,

Is there anything (pet wise) he's not allergic to?

shuggy
06-27-2007, 03:01 PM
ooh that is, I'm Sorry Angie,

Is there anything (pet wise) he's not allergic to?

he's wasn't allergic to dogs growing up, so i'm going to see if we can find a different (maybe less hairy or sheddy) dog.

iloveflipflops
06-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Springer spaniels don't shed much. Want to borrow "ladybug?" :)

JBgreendawn
06-27-2007, 05:04 PM
ah my dr. told me allergies just get worse the older you get...
my worst thing im allergic to is cigarette smoke and (both my parents smoked when i was growing up) in fact im really happy to say my mom finally quit a few months ago!! :)
I'm thinking you guys maybe able to get him something for the allergies??
(some people go get shots?) but i am really really not into needles so that's not even an option for me...

buggainok
06-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Believe it or not, poodles have a reputation for being non-allergenic, and their fur hardly sheds at all.

My granddaughter who has terrrible allergies can be around poodles with no problems at all.

Plus they are in the top ten for intelligent dogs!

MyRnAbS
06-27-2007, 10:32 PM
WOW, what a sweet dog! He's adorable!! TFS!