PDA

View Full Version : Back from the dr once again ....

iloveflipflops
06-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Its been 4 weeks since my surgery. Said all looks good but I have to keep the wet gauze on it for ANOTHER 2 WEEKS!!! Geez, will I ever be normal again!??!?!? BTW, what is normal? I go back on July 5th and HOPEFULLY I can say bye-bye to the gauze!!! LET'S HOPE!!

I'm just happy its healing. Slow but its healing.

teabear
06-22-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm sorry you are still dealing with all of this Sherri. I hope you are all done with it by your next visit.

My3Ds
06-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Glad to hear you are still healing. It will be over soon, I hope.

ccstampin12
06-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Hang in there! I know this is more time than you "signed on for", but at least it sounds like the end is at least in sight now!
Hugs
Joanie

shuggy
06-22-2007, 03:10 PM
patience, my friend!!

Firecracker
06-22-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm glad you are getting better. Hopefully the next two weeks will go by fast for you. Hugs, Heather

ellie
06-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Man, it sure is slow going. I am sorry...hopefully, this will be the last of it.

cindi
06-22-2007, 08:04 PM
my heart goes out you..my patience would be long gone by now!
Hang in there Sherri
:)

mydogstinks2
06-22-2007, 08:51 PM
is the wet gauze to help it from scaring? just wondering. It sounds like it is going pretty good though.

iloveflipflops
06-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Angie can explain it better than I can. It is going to scar big time!!! It is healing from the inside out and keeping it moist helps it from not scabbing but I will have a big bad scar. And I promise not to show it to anybody! LOL

shuggy
06-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Angie can explain it better than I can. It is going to scar big time!!! It is healing from the inside out and keeping it moist helps it from not scabbing but I will have a big bad scar. And I promise not to show it to anybody! LOL

here's how i described it before:

if it is an open wound, with no sticthes, then the wet dressing will help it heal. it's called healing by secondary intention. say you have a large cut that was stitched but then pulled apart. well, the edges of the skin are already healed somewhat and stitching it together won't work becuase the skin has closed and it will not heal back together. so you have to get it to heal from the inside out, basically. you keep the tissue moist with the wet gauze and allow the inner tissue deep in the wound to stay mosit and healthy so it can grow back together by the tissue granulating. it takes a long time, but eventually it will slowly heal from the bottom up.

does that make sense?

gigibee
06-23-2007, 04:53 AM
Glad to hear you are healing and hope all goes well these next few weeks. It just takes longer healing from the inside out.

Konnie

suzi_f
06-23-2007, 08:01 AM
I will have a big bad scar. And I promise not to show it to anybody! LOL

Do you remember that scene in the first Jaws where the 2 guys are competing to show off scars?? Or, the copy-cat scene in Lethal Weapon 3? That could be you. LOL