PDA

View Full Version : I think I have decided to stay at Wally-world for now....but for very good reason...

mydogstinks2
06-22-2007, 08:15 PM
I know I hate the job and the hours stink now that I'm on 3rd shift but I NEED to stay there. I don't WANT to but I NEED too.

Now for the good reason:

It's a Boy!!!

Some of you may remember my Niece whom I do not talk too. She is just not a good person, always has drama and so on and so on. Well she called my Sister today and needed her to come pick up Logan, he is her 10 month old baby. She says she started a new job and wants us to take him for a few days until she gets her schedule worked out. Ok not a big deal. Well while we are on our way over she calls and says she is not going to work but is having a friend take her to the hospital because she has and infection where she had stitches last week. what ever! My sister asks her where Logan is and she says she layed him down for a nap. (her dad is there so he was not alone)

We get there and I can't even begin to tell you about this place!:arghh:
First the baby is in bed holding two rotten bottles!! I mean full of nasty hot chunky milk. Totally gross!! The bed is soaked with pee so is he. I picked him up and his diaper had to weigh at least 5 pounds. The bed is so dirty and stained it is unbelievable. I just about died. If she had been there I'm sure I would be in jail right now. I mean just think of the dirtiest thing you have ever seen and that is what this place is like. I just wanted to cry when I saw him in there.

I am one smart cookie though, I went out to my car and got my camera!! I took lots of pictures, there were a total of 5 nasty bottles in his bed. It smelled so bad. He was so dirty it was like those kids they show you on tv. My sister was there two days ago to pick up something and today he was still wearing the same thing!:no2:

It was to late today to call anyone and now it's the weekend. But first thing Monday morning I'm calling and something is going to be done about this. That baby is not going back there until things change.

So... any pointers on a 10 month old?

My3Ds
06-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Lots of love and attention. Cuddle and hug. Hug and cuddle. Anything you do can not be as bad as what you have described. Thank goodness you found him. This just breaks my heart. Again, lots of love and patience. Babies at this age and so curious and wide-eyed. He's lucky to have you.

shuggy
06-22-2007, 08:40 PM
what gaerria said. give him love. and lots of it. anything you do will only help him. i bet he was so scared! now he will be so happy!

i'm glad you thought to take pictures.

Far North
06-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Most child protective services have staff on call 24 hours a day...now with cell phones that is not so hard on staff. Our community has mentoring and parent coaching program for young parents who want support. If mother doesn't want the child arrangements can be made.
In the meantime you enjoy cuddling, talking, story creating and lots of smiles and laughs!!!
Hugs to you!...Jan

mahodgman
06-22-2007, 09:18 PM
OMG! I'm so glad you rescued that baby! I think you can also call 911 and get the police out there to document the situation. And, what was her dad doing in all this filth? What a mess!

tojoco
06-22-2007, 09:34 PM
What about the baby's father? Is he even in the picture? Would he want to take care of the baby?

GrammaStamper
06-22-2007, 09:36 PM
First the baby is in bed holding two rotten bottles!! I mean full of nasty hot chunky milk. Totally gross!! The bed is soaked with pee so is he. I picked him up and his diaper had to weigh at least 5 pounds. The bed is so dirty and stained it is unbelievable. I

I am one smart cookie though, I went out to my car and got my camera!! I took lots of pictures, there were a total of 5 nasty bottles in his bed. It smelled so bad. He was so dirty it was like those kids they show you on tv. My sister was there two days ago to pick up something and today he was still wearing the same thing!:no2:

While I don't talk about this very often, but my mother, the only mother I ever had, found me in much the same condition when I was 6 weeks old. Mom took me and my 2 older sisters (don't know where they are now) home. Thank goodness she was a foster-mom already, because 8 months later they adopted me! I had a terrific life thanks to my Mom and Dad and as I read this and just know you will give that little boy whatever he needs and then some. Good luck on Monday and I hope you become the official foster parents and more in the future! Hugs to you, DH and baby!

scrappinnuts
06-22-2007, 11:13 PM
What was said earlier about CPS being 24 hours is true.. I have worked with them in the past and you need to call now..that baby cannot be with her another minute until somthing is done.. in our area..which is the largest county in the US...they act now...so please for the little one's sake..keep him in your sight and don't let go. Thank goodness there are loving people like you.

ellie
06-23-2007, 12:12 AM
That just makes my heart break. The poor little guy...Thank God you are stepping in. Every child deserves to be loved and cared for...I am proud of you!

Erin K
06-23-2007, 12:20 AM
this makes me cry. I am glad you are there. 10 month olds are great, that's a fun age. You will be just fine.

I'm so angry at your niece. Please keep us posted!

Erin K
06-23-2007, 12:33 AM
I'll take that baby if yall don't want it. I want it.

Erin K
06-23-2007, 12:36 AM
I'll take that baby if yall don't want it. I want it.

That sounded stupid, obviously you and your sister care about the baby. Don't mind me, I'm just upset about it.

loobylou
06-23-2007, 12:41 AM
Your niece obviously needs a lot of help. She is lucky to have you there to take her baby. The welfare people will help keep the beby safe, and also hopefully have social workers to lead her to get support to sort her life out too
Sarah

MyRnAbS
06-23-2007, 02:35 AM
God Bless you, for helping out an innocent little being of God!! Follow your heart!!! I'll have you in my prayers!!

mydogstinks2
06-23-2007, 07:54 AM
thank you all for the support. The first night was a little rough, we need to get him on a normal schedule. He is doing really good though, him and the puppy like to chew on the same toys! lol they do really good together until you put socks on the kid, the puppy thinks she has to pull them off of him.

As for my Niece she was upset last night when we talked to her but We told her she messed up and her chances are over. That no one not even her should live like that. Once she has her life together then we will see what we do. The babies dad lives in florida and could be one of 3 guys, I know a huge mess!

As for my Nieces dad, the only clean spot in the whole place was where he was sitting at the table. He is sick and on oxygen. He can only go from his room the the table and the bath room. He is a really nice man and is trying hard to help but he barely can take care of himself.

But all is looking better. I will be ya'll update! Thanks for the support you are great friends!!

Darleneh710
06-23-2007, 10:13 AM
What a great story! I had tears in my eyes when I was reading it. I am so thankful that you were there to help him and now to take care of him. I don't understand how people can treat their kids so badly. Just wanted to say that you did an awesome thing!
have a great day!

flyingflower
06-23-2007, 10:20 AM
oh, wow, he'll be in the pull up and walk stage soon and you'll be there with open arms and smiling face to cheer him on!

Deborah
06-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Thank GOD that little guy has YOU!! You're his angel, that's for sure. :heart: