PDA

View Full Version : Home from Central FL Shop Hop

ctinyjoy
06-23-2007, 11:05 PM
My mom and I started at 8:30 this morning and made it to 8 of the 19 participating stores today and it only took 12.5 hours:eek:. It was a lot of driving between stores because some of them are very spread out. We covered 4 counties. We did make our goal - to cover all the stores that were FAR away :)

What was really neat - each store had a make n take or a take n make for us. Some had goodie bags also. The great part is that I never even knew these stores existed. Sometimes yahoo and google searches don't find these things. Below are some pix of the loot we bought. The requirement is that you have to spend $5 at each store to get a stamp in your passport. Each store gives you 10% discount on your purchase. The one thing I discovered is that a scrapbooking store really doesn't cater to a stamper:no2: which I am. You can see I did manage to buy a clear set of sentiment circles and a stamp by 7Gypsies that is a re-inking square frame. I am beat so I am heading to bed.

cecescraps
06-23-2007, 11:30 PM
That sounds like so much fun! I've never heard of anything like this- well, when in college we did something similar that involved bars and beers but, I've blocked that out of my mind. :) Looks like you got some great loot too!

Cathi

LinzyD
06-24-2007, 12:06 AM
Love those buttons and primas! Looks like you got some cool stuff!

ctinyjoy
06-24-2007, 09:37 AM
I had not seen these collections of Primas before. I like that you get different shapes and sizes all in the same color scheme. Same with the buttons!

iloveflipflops
06-24-2007, 09:38 AM
WOW!! You got a ton of stuff!! This will keep you busy for awhile :) (All summer maybe?) lol

Have you ever been to the stamp store in St Augustine? I think its called something by Claire or something. Its a small store but i liked it. Not even sure it was still there

ctinyjoy
06-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Yes I have...Claire's collectibles just down the street from the fort. I have been there a few times. She is a very nice lady who tracks your purchases on index cards so you dont buy the same thing twice (at least from her). Her store will be in the shop hop in Sept that starts in New Smyrna Beach and goes up to Jacksonville. It is only a 4 day event not 15 like this one. I think only 9 stores are participating.

Vintagegal
06-24-2007, 12:54 PM
I love those "primas" too. I think I've seen them at an lss, here, but since I have primas coming out of my ears, I held off from buying.

I love that Rusty Pickle sticker set. That looks neat! Glad you had a good time shopping with your mom!

GrammaStamper
06-24-2007, 01:11 PM
What a haul. Looks like you had a very successful day!