PDA

View Full Version : Someone is watching over me . . .

patg
06-24-2007, 08:53 PM
and my family again.

On Saturday am, I was involved in a 3 car accident. Some guy just smoked me from behind. The force was hard that it blew out all five back windows, then my car got pushed into oncoming traffic and then was hit head on.

I am counting my lucky stars that I can actually sit here and tell you guys the story. With quite a few bruises and only five stitches, I am doing fine other than my aches and pains that I am feeling. My 5 yo ds is ok to (thank god for that).

Unfortunately, my vehicle is no longer a vehicle. The whole back end of my van was crumpled in and pushed in. The front end - well there is no front end. The paramedics and firemen were all telling me how lucky I was and until I saw the pics that dh took, I now know why. They actually closed down the highway for a few hours due to investigations. Again, thank goodness I had witnesses to testify that the guy just smoked me.

One witness had to pull Owen out of the window and tended to him until dh came - which was only a matter of minutes as he was waiting for me at the car lot.

Sometimes I think I'm a cat working on my nine lives. If you remember a few years back when we were on PCMB - I told you guys the story of our camping trip turn soured - to make the story short - a tree fell on our camper just minutes after we left to get ice cream.

Sorry this is longwinded, but just needed to share - I am ok and I am alive!
Pat

MidwestStamper
06-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Oh my Pat! What an ordeal to go through! You certainly are blessed to have made it though this in one piece!

cindi
06-24-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm glad you & ds are ok!!
how scary!! thank god you allright!!!
yes, someone must have been looking out for you.
Your going to be awfully sore, I';m sure.
HUGS
:)

spredbirds
06-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Pat-

Glad to hear you and your son are ok ... how scary!

-Chelsea

RDRD4
06-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Thank god your ok......How scary!!!

directmailscrapper
06-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Pat, oh my goodness! I can't imagine what you have gone through! You are truly blessed and I am so relieved that your son is okay! Makes you appreciate every day -- you never know what is around the next corner. Nancy

MyRnAbS
06-24-2007, 09:32 PM
glad ur okay!! very scary situation!!

mahodgman
06-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Oh, Pat, what an ordeal! I'm so glad you and Owen are ok. You may have those aches and pains for awhile, though, as often that kind of blow can really mess up your back and neck. Thank God someone continues to watch over you and your family!

emmcee
06-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Oh my word! what an ordeal. Glad to hear that you and your ds are OK. What a scary time for you & your family.

shuggy
06-24-2007, 10:02 PM
i'm so glad you are all okay!

dreis1
06-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh my goodness, God was certainly watching over you. Glad to hear that both of you are ok. Glinda

scrappinnuts
06-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Pat.. I am so glad you and your family are ok...god works in mysterious ways..take care.

patg
06-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks for all your well wishes. I am sure things happen for a reason - haha, this might give mrs moo something to think about when I'm not in the office. Mrs Moo is my god awful boss that I told you guys about a few months back. We just seem to have the worst luck ever!

I will keep you guys posted. It's only day 2. I've been told that it takes about a week before any real symptoms come up.

Pat

GrammaStamper
06-25-2007, 07:41 AM
Thank God you and DS are okay. That sounds a little too close for me, but yes, someone is watching over you.

flyingflower
06-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Oh, my - I'm so glad you have extra special guardian angels at your side.
Did the dude vanish before the police got there?! How rude on top of being a jerk!

toao
06-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Oh wow Pat. Thank God, not lucky stars that you are alive to tell that story. He has guardian angels around us all the time. I'm glad you and your DS are okay.

Mary

Christie
06-25-2007, 09:48 AM
So glad to hear that you and ds is ok. I'm sure this was so scary for you both. I hope that they got the guy who caused this and that he has ins.

lisaguyon
06-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Thankfull that all is ok. Cars can be replaced. Lisa

Vintagegal
06-26-2007, 06:41 AM
OH MY GOODNESS! Pat, Pat, PAT!! I am so happy to hear you're all OK. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!

irishchristine
06-26-2007, 08:25 AM
I am glad everyone is alright. You have an Angel!

mjbonoan
06-26-2007, 08:42 AM
OMG... I'm glad you and ds are fine. What an ordeal to go through. Someone is defenitely watching over you!

Take care!

logcabincreations
06-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Wow! Our wonderful Creator and Great Almighty God sure wrapped His arms of protection around you and your son. I'm sending thanks to Him and prayers for you and your son.

teabear
06-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Oh Pat, I'm so glad you all survived such a dangerous accident. What a terribly scary story. Your guardian angel is definitely on the job. I'm sending you tiny gentle hugs and lots of well wishes.

Canadian, eh
06-26-2007, 06:13 PM
OMG. I'm so sorry to hear your story. I'm so glad to hear you are all right. Sending hugs.