PDA

View Full Version : Lean Mean Thirteen

irishchristine
06-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Janet Evanovich's new book in the Stephine Plum series. Has anyone read them? I just bought this last night and i will be done today. they are so funny!

ctinyjoy
06-26-2007, 09:19 AM
I bought it last week and finished it quickly. I love Stephanie Plum...and I would love to have a pair of Rangeman undies:nod:

directmailscrapper
06-26-2007, 10:54 AM
I have never READ a Stephanie Plum novel -- I have only LISTENED to them. I listen to a lot of books on tape -- I have a horrible commute. I absolutely LOVE her recorded books -- the narrator is the same for most of them and she gets all of the attitudes just right. Terrific! I hope she ends up with Joe EVENTUALLY!

tojoco
06-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Janet Evanovich is my favorite author. I just started her latest book. I was trying to save it for vacation next week but I couldn't do it. I started it last night.

Darleneh710
07-02-2007, 01:41 PM
I have read some of her books before. A co-worker a few yrs ago got me turned on to them. My problem is I get bored easily with books and if it is too repetive then I have to move on. Same with some books my mom has by James Patterson, they are sequels and I read a couple and just couldn't get "into" them anymore...Maybe it's me! lol

tojoco
07-02-2007, 01:46 PM
I finished Lean Mean Thirteen yesterday and it is hilarious. It's a toss up between Morelli and Rangeman -- hummmmmm tough call!

irishchristine
07-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Morelli! He's my man!! LOL

teabear
07-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Definitely Morelli...LOL...but I'm partial to a hot guy in a uniform. I didn't know a new one was out. It will be a great vacation read. Thanks for the heads up.

ngreek
07-04-2007, 01:25 PM
And yet we all have another year until the next one comes out. I hate it I look forward to her books and then I ahve to wait for her next one to come out.

If we are voting I go with the toss up between Morelli and Ranger...
Nicole

ctinyjoy
07-04-2007, 01:29 PM
wouldn't it be cool if there was a scratch n sniff page inside? Then when she talks about Morelli, we scratch and get to smell him, same for ranger. It would add to the enjoyment of reading. Before you start laughing at me....they do this for young kids books :)

suzi_f
07-04-2007, 02:03 PM
I was going to buy one of her books at Target the day we came home but I wanted to start at the beginning. I just "orderd" the first one from the library for my trip next week. Are they quick reads? Should I order more than one at a time???

tojoco
07-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Yes Suzi. They are quick reads but good luck. She's already writing her 14th book so it will take a while to catch up. Although she only comes out with one book a year so you can probably do it.

They are very funny especially Grandma!

suzi_f
07-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Ok, I started the series. I got the first 3 for vacation. I spent the whole time reading. Didn't get in the pool, didn't get the blogs caught up. Just read. I love to read anyway. I'm not 100% sold on the stories being real "smart" but I think I really like them (gotta pick up the next 3 today) I love the tone of them. The type of violence in the first two kinda creeped me out. Ewwww. But, I couldn't put them down. I read 2 in 2 days and them my schedule changed & I couldn't lounge around reading all day. LOL I also can't read in the car or I would have been done w/#3 before today.

I wish she & Morelli would get together already but, that would take a lot of the fun out. She's drawn to Ranger later???? Hmmmm, will have to "look" at him different now. :P

irishchristine
07-13-2007, 06:30 PM
You have to get to book 5 in the series!!! Enjoy them I think they are just a fun read!

suzi_f
07-13-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm on 4 now, I have 5 & 6 ready to go. I'm not stamping, I'm just reading.

maxiesmom
07-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Gee Suzi, before ya know it you'll be caught up! I got 13 for my birthday and then realized I never read 12! How the heck did that happen?? Yeah, I always thought she wasn't the brightest bulb on the tree and the blowing up cars is overdone at this point. Nobody would be willing to insure her anywhere!
Love Grandma Mazur and wait till you meet Sally Sweet!

suzi_f
07-15-2007, 11:31 AM
I've met Sally now. And, Morelli & Stephanie have done the deed. I would have BET they didn't get it completed but..... I'm addicted now.