PDA

View Full Version : Took DD to get her drivers permit today and she flunked :(

iloveflipflops
06-26-2007, 06:58 PM
I felt so bad for her ... She did not study like I told her to so in a way, I wanted to say "see, I told you" but i kept my mouth shut and gave her a great big hug.

We will go back tomorrow morning and try again. Luckily, we drove through the country to Albemarle and only 3 cars were in the parking lot so we didn't have to wait long at all. Let's hope its like that tomorrow too....

teabear
06-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Some of life's best lessons are learned through our failures. So sorry she had to learn this the hard way. Sounds like you handled it beautifully...there to pick her up when she fell. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

GrammaStamper
06-26-2007, 07:10 PM
That's really hard on young'uns. Tell her she will do well next time.

Erin K
06-26-2007, 07:11 PM
I flunked the first time AND then flunked the driving portion too.

Christie
06-26-2007, 07:17 PM
i flunked the driving part the first time.

emmcee
06-26-2007, 07:53 PM
I hope she has better luck tomorrow. (She'll learn someday that Mama sometimes knows 1 or 2 things in life! Ha. Ha.) :nod:

Tell Emily I was 19 when I got my license and only after the state of Virginia said a person doesn't need to parallel park to get their license. I don't parallel park yet today. I'll walk a long ways before I parallel park unless I can just drive in and have plenty of room to get out. I had forgotten that little story until just now. :confused:

GSMom385
06-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Tell her it is ok, I flunked the first time too, and then again as an adult when I had to take the test after forgetting to renew my license. That was the worst!!! It will feel good when she passes it. It means more when you had to work for it.

Spartymom
06-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey Emily, It's OK! Everyone has problems, sooner or later. I flunked too....You will get it. Thinking of you.

madebyme
06-26-2007, 09:17 PM
My daughter did the same. It is a hard lesson for them (and hard for us to watch!) I can sympathize with you both! I've been there (not quite a year ago).

maxiesmom
06-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Oh poor Emily! But yes, mom did know best on that one! Hope it goes better for her tomorrow.

toao
06-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Aww. Tell her I flunked mine the first time too. She's lucky though, back then they made us wait another MONTH before trying again.

Mary

ellie
06-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Oh man, poor kid...that is a tough lesson to learn. You did a great job Sherri...you are a great mom. I hope all will go well tomorrow. We went to Albemarle also...it is a great place to go for your test.

mjbonoan
06-27-2007, 12:04 AM
I passed the written, but flunked the driving test the first... I really want to say I had to go three times!!!

I wish her good luck tomorrow!!!

ctinyjoy
06-27-2007, 09:08 AM
When we got married, we moved up to Vermont for a couple of years. Since I had been driving in FL for 7 years I thought I knew it all. I took the written test without even opening the book. The DMV employee told me no one had every failed so horribly. He asked me if I studied and I told him no, I had been driving for 7 years. He shook his head, said something like D**n foreigners! and told me to read the book.

Turns out Vermonters don't let you do some of the turns we can do here in FL. I read the book, went back and scored 100 the next day.

Sherri - here in FL we have the practice test online....do they have that in NC?

iloveflipflops
06-27-2007, 10:15 AM
No practice test online here :(.

She passed today! WOO HOO

ctinyjoy
06-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Excellent news for Emily....white knuckle time for Sherri :)