PDA

View Full Version : Chalk Ink Resist Technique

Vintagegal
06-27-2007, 06:54 PM
I created this card (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7910&cat=all&limit=last1) using this technique.

You will need:

* Glossy cardstock
* Alabaster Chalk Ink by Colorbox (the white ink pad)
* Medium colored Chalk Ink by Colorbox (remember to use chalk ink, not pigment ink)
* "Open" background stamp or stamps
* "Open" foreground stamp
* Napkin or paper towel
* Black StazOn (or other dark colored StazOn) ink.

You have to move quickly for this technique, so be sure your supplies are ready to go.

1) Ink up your background stamp very well with the Alabaster Chalk Ink.
2) Stamp firmly on glossy cardstock.
3) Quickly take the medium chalk ink and daub over the stamped background until the area is well saturated.
4) Take your paper towel and quickly wipe off the excess medium chalk ink. You will begin to see the alabaster image "resist" the medium chalk ink.
5) Ink your focal image with StazOn and stamp over the background paper.
6) Create your card front as desired.

Far North
06-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks Ethel for sharing your experimenting! Your work in the gallery is lovely! Can't wait to try!!...Jan

JBgreendawn
06-27-2007, 07:31 PM
okay so you DO NOT wait for the white ink to dry first right?

so is this kinda messy like doing Josephs coats?

Vintagegal
06-27-2007, 07:39 PM
okay so you DO NOT wait for the white ink to dry first right?

so is this kinda messy like doing Josephs coats

No, you don't want the ink to dry. You want to work quickly. I think you want the Alabaster Ink to stay on the surface and not absorb into the cardstock (that way, the medium color chalk ink has something to work against).

It's not messy at all. (Or, maybe I'm not as messy.......) I don't think it's messy at all. Not any more than usual. Joseph's coat is pretty messy. This isn't messy. Just daub and then wipe off.

JBgreendawn
07-01-2007, 11:03 AM
I did try this and i got it to work:
the only thing i noticed is when i tried it the first time with a catseye sized alabaster pad, mine did not have enough ink to make the image juicy enough so i tried it again with a full sized pad and tad da! it worked! the color on the top is a catseye peony color.

thanks for sharing this one Ethel! I'm going to play more with this!:spinny:

Chalk resist card (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7975&limit=recent)