PDA

View Full Version : Change of life-ers

ellie
06-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Do any of you have trouble sleeping? Does anyone here take Requip? It's for restless leg syndrome. I have been using the soap under the sheet and most of the time it works but there are some nights I just can't get to sleep. I don't know if its the whole leg thing or insomnia....a few mornings I am still awake at 4am. Then in the morning, I feel awful. :wacko:

tojoco
06-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Yes Elle. I suffer from insomnia quite often. I, too, will walk the floors at 3 or 4 in the morning. I don't like to take any medication for this because of all the other meds I need to take but sometimes my fatigue gets the best of me and I give in and will take a Tylenol PM. That will totally knock me out but then the next day I am worthless because I just feel so tired. And, this is all postmenopausal.

Victorianrose
06-28-2007, 12:05 AM
Definitely Ellie,
Insomnia affects me too, my Dr. gave me an rx for clonidene ?sp? great stiff!
Debbie

Lisa
06-28-2007, 06:11 AM
I also have quite a bit of trouble sleeping. I would like to know what Ellie means by using soap under the sheets? I have never heard of this.

teabear
06-28-2007, 02:37 PM
I was a complete wreck from lack of sleep & hot flashes about a year ago. My solution is Zovia 1/50--it's a birth control pill with the right amount of hormones to keep me sane. Now, I know that alot of folks don't believe in them, but they really make my life better. I take them back to back, skipping the placebos and only take a week off about every 3 packets.

I hope you find relief Ellie...it's awful to be so hot & tired all the time.

emmcee
06-28-2007, 02:41 PM
I have insomnia quite often too but I don't take any meds for it. I don't like that hangover feeling the next day. So I just get up and wander around the house for a while or read or something. I have taken black cohosh for the hot flashes and that worked pretty well. Something you can buy at WM in the vitamin aisle. :confused::nod: