PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a GPS in their car?

tojoco
06-28-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm wondering if I need to get one for our drive to Florida next week. Tell me if you like it and if it's worth me getting one.

Caboverde1
06-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Joanne!
I am in Massachusetts and I cant live without it. Mine was $550 its a HP Ipaq
It has ALOT of other features that drive up the cost. But you can get one for much cheaper...and mine has definately definately paid for itself (the last couple of times I rented one with my car rental it added an EXTRA $150) I absolutely love the fact that all I need is an address and I can go! YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Tonii

iloveflipflops
06-28-2007, 11:43 AM
I got one for my birthday and I LOVE IT!! He got it at Costco and it was $350 plus tax and shipping (he got it online). Its a Garmin Street Pilot 2720. Its super easy to use and I have used it a few times already. Ellie has one but I think this is a different model than hers.

ccstampin12
06-28-2007, 12:20 PM
We have a Garmin...don't know the model number. Haven't used ours yet, but my friend has one that we've used to go places.
We bought the same one for our son for his birthday!
It was around $600 at Best Buy. This week it's $100 cheaper...DH is considering returning them and rebuying them at the sale price since it's only been a couple of weeks since we bought them and they're still in the boxes!
Joanie

iloveflipflops
06-28-2007, 12:34 PM
My DH is constantly doing that. Actually, you don't even have to return it sometimes.You can just take your receipt in showing when you got it and they will give you the difference back. (if its in the alloted time frame which I am not sure what that is. Sometimes 2 weeks)

tojoco
06-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the info, girls. I'm not sure I want to pay $500 for one because I don't travel that much but I will look into the less expensive ones. I don't want to get lost somewhere in Florida and lose precious beach time.

Vintagegal
06-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Joanne, We now have a Garmin. Our 5-year old Magellan finally died. We bought a Garmin because you can take it with you when you're talking a walk around the city (we took it with us when we went walking around Washington DC). LOVE GPS systems because we can get around any city without relying on maps. They are pricey, that's for sure.