PDA

View Full Version : Yikes! Corey and a Girl!

tojoco
06-29-2007, 04:06 PM
I am so bad. Corey is teaching this gorgeous girl in his senior class how to play guitar. They are both in his room sitting on the sofa holding guitars. I told him to make sure he keeps the bedroom door open AND I am spending the entire time in my craft room which is right next to his room. I am so nervous I can't get anything done. They are doing nothing but playing the guitars. I trust them both completely; so why am I so nervous about this? It's not the first time he's had a friend in his room. Do you think it's because I know that he likes her, she's on the cheerleading squad and she's beautiful? I think I'm just :wacko::wacko::wacko:

My3Ds
06-29-2007, 04:10 PM
You're brave. I would never let a girl go in his room - even though it is as described. My mom would have never let me have a boy in my room - so I guess that's where I get my thinking. I hope Corey isn't nervous.

iloveflipflops
06-29-2007, 04:12 PM
In the beginning of Emily & Tyler's relationship (they were both going into 9th grade at the time) I let Tyler go to her room as long as the door would stay open. Well, it seemed to accidentally close is what Emily said "do you think I was born yesterday?" well that ended that and now they aren't allowed in her room ... they do hang out in the basement but i go up and down checking on "things" lol

tojoco
06-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Well I'm still being Nervous Nellie but I honestly don't think they would do anything "funny" knowing that I'm close by. They both just left together to go to Cold Stone for some ice cream. Need I be worried even more?

iloveflipflops
06-29-2007, 04:18 PM
You mean you didn't hop in the back seat and say "I want some ice cream too!" ha ha

tojoco
06-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Corey would have died! LOL

tesschap
06-29-2007, 04:20 PM
When my boys were younger they both had girls hanging out at our lake house who were 'just friends'. Each summer one of their relationships turned in to the boyfriend/girlfriend thing and we'd be uncomfortable leaving them along in our cottage while we were out on the lake. I knew the girls fairly well and am known to be a little direct with my boys so I'd peek in from time to time and yell - 'hand check'! We never caught them even holding hands so maybe they learned that they didn't want to be embarassed by me - I don't know - but it seemed to work! You're not crazy - your just a good mom doing her job :)

tojoco
06-29-2007, 04:28 PM
"Hand Check" -- that's funny! I remember when I visited my sister, her DD and boyfriend would be sitting and watching TV on the sofa. Every now and then my sister would walk in and say "Make sure those hands are off the merchandise" which was really meant for both of them. LOL

Erin K
06-29-2007, 04:34 PM
This whole discussion is more than I can face! My boys already have told me they will be babies forever.

;)

I say go with your gut. If you trust them with the door open and all I think it will be fine. I'm not sure HOW she can resist him though he's such a cutie pie!

MyRnAbS
06-29-2007, 04:35 PM
They will be fine as long as you can hear those strings moving, all is well. BTW, I wish no one could come in to my room either!! Sometimes we just loose that peace and quiet!! But I know that it's not what your talking about, so OPPS!! ;)

prdesigns
06-29-2007, 04:37 PM
You guys are making me nervous. DS turns 14 in 22 days (he'll be a freshman in the fall... you know the summer birthday younger kid). Yesterday, an older brother (going to be a senior) of a friend came over to jump on the trampoline, he had two girls tagging along with him.... dh is home on vacation so we were all looking out the window watching. Long story short... ds has shown no interest in girls... so to see girls next to him, at our house.... do do do do (theme to Twighlight Zone).... I'm already starting to get weirded out!

tojoco
06-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Peggy -- LOL I'm sure his interests will change and then your worrying will begin!

Erin -- I've always said that Corey will forever live next door to me or never leave me but it sure dosen't look like that's going to happen. I only want him to have a good life.

teabear
06-29-2007, 07:39 PM
LOL....of course he will have a girlfriend! Let's hope they all do. Just hold on and keep crafting.

Vintagegal
06-29-2007, 07:51 PM
They will be fine as long as you can hear those strings moving, all is well.

That's exactly what I was going to say. You're not going crazy Joanne. I would feel the same way also, with Lucas.

GrammaStamper
06-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Oh, you guys make me so happy my kids are all grown up. I remember those days and my own nervousness.

Worse still, I remember MY Mom checking on me. When I was going out with my first husband (he lived across the street) if the lights weren't on, my Mom would phone. So, we learned to keep the lights on and she didn't bother us! Sorry, Joanne, just had to share that.

teabear
06-30-2007, 12:51 PM
LOL Barb! You crack me up :)

tojoco
06-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Oh great Barb. Now I have more to worry about!