PDA

View Full Version : iPod Help

suzi_f
06-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Dh's computer crashed while we were in CA. They (his company) gave him a new one. Now, his dvd drive will not work. He's bummed that he can't watch movies. I told him to just download what he wants to his iPod & watch thru that.

Only 1 problem w/this. If he reconnects his iPod, he lost all his info. Is there any way to retrieve this or does he have to reload all 600+ songs & videos??? Anyone know what happens to your iTunes stuff if you lose your computer??

irishchristine
06-29-2007, 07:46 PM
I think it is all erased! I am not good with ipods but my hubbys friend downloaded 250 for my son and when I hooked it up to mine they all went bye bye!

iloveflipflops
06-29-2007, 07:51 PM
The beauty of ipods!! :( Unfortunately, this happened to me and ALL of my songs were completely erased!!! It was gone.... sorry for the bad news.

suzi_f
06-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Ok, I'm sticking w/my non-ipod mp3 player!!! Of course, I'm planing on buying Becs an iPod for Christmas. Dang technology!!! Is there a way to "back up" your stuff, just in case??? Obviously, it won't help now but, for future reference?

GSMom385
06-29-2007, 08:29 PM
yes Suzi there is an export feature in ITunes if you want to use a jump drive or they have a backup to disc option also if you prefer CD. Both are under the file menu. I personally use a jump drive I find it cheaper ( mine cost me a little over $40 and I have had it forever) and easier to use because I constantly backup over and over because I have lost way too many pcs at work and I am parinoid now. If I used that many CD's I would go broke. Good Luck!! I love my ipod!!

suzi_f
06-29-2007, 08:47 PM
DH has a jump drive & I saw the import/export thing when I was messing w/his itunes. I'll let him know he has to back it up more often. Bummer. Now I can't add anything to his iPod for ME!!!

hutchink
06-29-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm not an Ipod gal...I'm a ZUNE gal! love mine!

~K

tesschap
06-29-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm the only family member without an iPod but when Evan lost all of his music last year he emailed Apple and they had a way to restore everything. They said they don't normally do that but because they could track his iTunes purchases they did. It may not hurt to call or email to ask. He now backs up everything to a jump drive.

Good luck!