PDA

View Full Version : A lovely idea for a Christmas gift or party decor.

inkinupstamps
11-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Stampingmathilda is a FABULOUS artist and stamper. She just posted this link to her blog with intstruction for a wineglass lampshade. Think of all of the possibilities for your own parties or to give as gifts or to create for Sherry's stamped Christmas gift contest.

Just thought I'd share.

http://stampingmathilda.blogspot.com/2006/11/candle-light-in-wineglass.html

GrammaStamper
11-14-2006, 02:16 PM
That is really beautiful and it's looks like even I can make it. I'll give it a try on the weekend.

Sherry
11-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Wow, that is truly lovely! I must give this a try!
Thanks for sharing :)

iloveflipflops
11-14-2006, 02:41 PM
WOW. This is beautiful and it doesn't look that hard at all to do.... even I could do it? Hmmm, its worth a shot. Thanks for sharing her blog.

lost luggage
11-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Please use caution when doing this...you can damage the glass if the flame is left burning too close to the glass/crystal.

inkinupstamps
11-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Please use caution when doing this...you can damage the glass if the flame is left burning too close to the glass/crystal.

I don't think she intended for someone to use their good crystal. I've seen these in the shops and it is a great use with the heavy and inexpensive pressed glass goblets (50 cent variety.) If the glass darkens or discolours, not a worrisome problem then since they would only be meant for use as holders for the shade.

little01jd
11-14-2006, 03:11 PM
This looks like a great project for those glasses and jars I have around that we never use!

Thanks~

lost luggage
11-14-2006, 03:13 PM
I don't think she intended for someone to use their good crystal. I've seen these in the shops and it is a great use with the heavy and inexpensive pressed glass goblets (50 cent variety.) If the glass darkens or discolours, not a worrisome problem then since they would only be meant for use as holders for the shade.

Just wanted to bring that to everyone's attention.... I would hate to see someone get fancy and use nice crystal glasses and then get hurt. safety first. lol

teabear
11-14-2006, 04:29 PM
As long as you use paper you buy there, you can cut this pattern free with their die cut. Just thought I'd let you know in case any other stores offer this nice service.

lost luggage
11-14-2006, 04:39 PM
I just discovered that Tall Mouse offers this..I am TOTALLY going to use it!

1of2shoes
11-14-2006, 06:36 PM
Stampingmathilda is a FABULOUS artist and stamper. She just posted this link to her blog with intstruction for a wineglass lampshade. Think of all of the possibilities for your own parties or to give as gifts or to create for Sherry's stamped Christmas gift contest.

Just thought I'd share.

http://stampingmathilda.blogspot.com/2006/11/candle-light-in-wineglass.html

Godelieve is on the justjohanna design team. Check out Godelieve's gallery at justjohanna.com. Fabulous stuff. I'm a member of her fan club. :)

inkinupstamps
11-14-2006, 06:44 PM
But let's not forget to plug YOUR gallery on justjohanna, Debbie! I'm still loving those amazing cards where you used stamps in non-standard ways.

You are awesome too! (LOL- sounds like a mutual admiration society!:D )

tojoco
11-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Jennifer, thanks for the link. These are wonderful gifts. Fortunately, for me, Yankee Candle sells this same item and they are a big seller. We've never had problems with cracked glass or the glass burned from a flame. I actually have a few of these myself and I love them.

With my discount, it's easier for me to just buy one than spend the time making one but I certainly can see the fun and accomplishment you'd feel if you made it yourself. Please post your creation.

mahodgman
11-14-2006, 11:36 PM
How cool is that? Thanks for sharing!

scrappersuz
12-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Very pretty and elegant. Thanks for sharing.
Susie

hbpuppy
01-02-2007, 07:45 PM
How fun. We just found battery operated tea lights. They would be perfect for this project. TFS. Heather

mahodgman
01-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Oh yeah, and it is way easy. That is where I got the idea I submitted to the Christmas contest that you all didn't vote for! I'm kidding, of course, the winning design was way cool!

Swanie78
01-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Very cute!
I have a template that does those with a scalloped edge.

tesschap
01-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Great idea - beautiful work! Wouldn't this be a great wedding reception center piece!

Thansk for sharing.

Teresa