PDA

View Full Version : Can we discuss plus sizes? I am headed in that direction IF I don't do something FAST

iloveflipflops
07-05-2007, 08:13 PM
I have literally gained almost 10 POUNDS in the last 7 weeks. I haven't been able to do much as you all know besides sit on my big fat butt and be on the Stamp Shack. So NOW NOTHING and I do mean nothing fits. I went to Kohls and I am ALMOST in a size 16. Size 14 isn't thrilling me gals. I was not this heavy when I was 9 months pregnant. I have always been relatively petite but I am not feeling it at the moment. I bought 4 pairs of shorts, 2 XL sports bras to walk in and they are too small. I need XXL? Geez!!!!

What if I just duct tape my mouth?!??!?!??!??! Will that work?!?!?!??!?!?!

cindi
07-05-2007, 08:29 PM
just be thankful that ypu can walk & shop & that as you get better so will your weight!
HUGS!!
I know how frustrated you just be, but just hang in & it will get better.
buy what you need to get you through & get back on track as you can.
I hope ypur ok :worried:
you are ok, right?
:radar:

ccstampin12
07-05-2007, 08:58 PM
It will be all right.....once you get back to your
'old' activities, you'll lose it again.
I bought a step counter. I'm aiming for as many thousand steps in a day as I can get. The ultimate number is 10,000, but I'm far from that.
The problem is it keeps resetting, and I can't remember how many I had before~ I guess I have to "sidle" up to counters and carry laundry baskets on my hip!
LOL
Joanie

mahodgman
07-05-2007, 09:06 PM
I feel your pain. I'm in plus sizes, and I'm not thrilled about it! My recent trip to the doc showed that I'm at my all time highest weight in the more than 10 years I've been going to this doc. I don't move enough, and I know that is the problem. He suggested giving Weight Watchers another try. He said it is the only program he knows people have long term success with. I have done it on line in the past, and now I'm wondering if I should try going to meetings. I don't know if it will make a difference, but I should at least try.

hbpuppy
07-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Don't worry about sizes. They are just numbers. My mum and sister are bigger than me so we get big girl catalogs at my house. I'm always jealous because they have the cutest clothes in there.

Spartymom
07-05-2007, 09:31 PM
I hope sizes are just a number. Sizes and the scale. I put on 3lbs. just from yesterday! Yeah, I ate at a chinese restaurant-yum, then had a hamburger for dinner. Today, I felt like heck so walked it off and then went bathing suit shopping! That was the worst trying on suits. I hate it.

iloveflipflops
07-05-2007, 09:32 PM
What I am most mad about is ... the clothes in my closet fit 7 weeks ago. And they were not snug at all ... now I cannot even zip them!!!!! I have been living in loose pants for 7 weeks so I didn't notice the scale was going up. too much Sonic, too much Starbucks ... what I was thinking!??!???!??!!

Back to reality!!!!

iloveflipflops
07-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Do not even get me started on bathing suits!!!

I am just not going to wear one this summer!!!!

teabear
07-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Sherri, the same thing happened to me after my surgery. I feel for you. I hope it comes off quickly for you.

iloveflipflops
07-05-2007, 09:36 PM
And have you lost what you gained? Please tell me you lost it and you are a size 2 now. RIGHT?!??!!

teabear
07-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Oh yeah, I'm a size 2 :) Did you believe me?

iloveflipflops
07-05-2007, 09:39 PM
YES there is hope for me yet!>!>>!>!

WOO HOO. Thanks Tami for helping me feel better. ha ha

Darleneh710
07-16-2007, 02:14 PM
What I am most mad about is ... the clothes in my closet fit 7 weeks ago. And they were not snug at all ... now I cannot even zip them!!!!! I have been living in loose pants for 7 weeks so I didn't notice the scale was going up. too much Sonic, too much Starbucks ... what I was thinking!??!???!??!!

Back to reality!!!!

I looove SONIC....kinda glad there isn't one near me! First went there last summer when I was on vaca in texas:)

logcabincreations
07-16-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm in the same situation as you....except probably bigger. I'll be 43 soon....I'm 5' 3", 170, size 14-16 depending on the clothes......gee I hate elastic waist bands, but it seems they are most comfortable.

I actually put on a bathing suit this past weekend and it WAS NOT a pretty sight. Covered up with a towel and let it down only long enough to get in the pool to hide my cellulite.

It's a depression I tell you............A DEPRESSION :arghh:

Caboverde1
Youll get back where you were...your always so good about your weight watchers and your walking...you were healing! now that your all better (sans the "bueatiful" scar) youll get back on the horse!

TOnii

logcabincreations
Cake anyone?

logcabincreations
07-16-2007, 02:35 PM
oh yeah...one more thing.....

I WILL NOT GO PAST SIZE 14-16

ellie
07-16-2007, 03:07 PM
I think there is something in our closets that causes our clothes to shrink. Seriously, I use to be a size 11 and all of a sudden now I am in the "portly" sizes.

Erin K
07-16-2007, 03:21 PM
All I can say is get what fits. Don't stuff into a 12 if you really are a 14 becaus that's never cute. Get what fits then tear the tags off.

That's all I have to say about clothes.

As for trying to loose you will, you are a big walker and love healthy stuff so I think you will loose it, you could barely walk at all during that time, it's ok. It's better than loosing tons of weight because you have cancer. :)