PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting this

MyRnAbS
07-06-2007, 06:56 PM
because logcabincreations wanted me to. We are now to post pics of our homes. I hear logcabincreations has a beautiful log cabin, and she will try to post some pics by Monday. So here is my almost 36 year old home. It's my age, and I grew up in it. When my daddy passed away we came to live with my mother, and she wants me to have it when she passes on. I'm beginning to think she will bury me first :Eek: Okay just kidding! Doesn't look like much on the outside, but on the inside it's huge! I couldn't get it all in the picture. And the lot next to us is mine, and instead of a home I made a pool, but has been out of commission since December. I'm about to fix it, anyone want a dip in the pool, hahahaha!! Once I fix it I will post new pics so you all can see that it's a beautiful pool area. IN the back we have a huge gameroom for dh, with a big screen, and when we swim we use his bathroom to bathe and change ;)

It's a bit JUNGLY, but DH has gotten a bit lazy!! I'll get back on his case when he gets off on sunday!

MidwestStamper
07-06-2007, 08:09 PM
I was going to post a picture of my house, but I couldn't find the one I thought I had on my computer in My Pictures. SO I'll have to go find one to post!

mahodgman
07-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Ok here is my house. I live in town, so the neighbors are really close. Oh, and it is 100 years old this year; built in 1907.

Yikes! Does anyone have a pressure washer I can borrow? This house is D-I-R-T-Y!

shurlyjean
07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
I'll have to find one and scan it.

Shirley

logcabincreations
07-06-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm going to try to learn how to scan and post pics this weekend...wish me luck. Thanks Myrna for trying to prod me along....I'm a little slow.

suzi_f
07-06-2007, 09:31 PM
OMG!!! In looking for my house pics, I can't find ANY of 1996 pics!!!!!!!!! I knew I lost my vacation of '96 pics but I can't find anything else. ACK!!!!!!!!!!

MyRnAbS
07-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Mary,
OMG!! That is a wonderful house! I love it!!!

prdesigns
07-06-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm not used to posting images, did this work? This is for everybody who is sweltering hot! We live in one of the most western sub-burbs of Chicago.http://C:\Documents and Settings\Peggy\My Documents\My Pictures\Kodak Pictures\2006-12-01

MyRnAbS
07-06-2007, 09:41 PM
It almost worked! Try again!! I am dying to see!!

mahodgman
07-07-2007, 12:56 AM
Ok here is a short tutorial on adding a picture to your post:

Type out your message like normal
Click on "Go Advanced" instead of post quick reply
Click on the paperclip icon which is for attachments
Upload your picture like you would for the gallery by clicking on "Browse"
When the message at the bottom of the box says "done" your pic is attached
You can preview your post to make sure the picture shows up if you aren't sure

EASY! Give it a try.

shurlyjean
07-07-2007, 09:15 AM
These pictures were taken in 2000 when we remodeled our house. When they put all rafters on for the roof, 32 I believe, they did not match with the old section. We either had to redo all 32 rafters or tear off the old section and get 12 new rafters. That is what they decided to to. We ended up with a really nice cathedral ceiling.

While waiting for the new rafters we had NOTHING between us and the sky for 1 night. We slept upstairs, but had to go to the basement for 3 months during ther remodel. Our basement was not set up to live in, so we took down what we could, cooked on a hot plate, did dishes with a hose and dish pans, and sat on the floor to watch TV. It was an adventure.

My son Spencer, he was 4 at the time, painted with me. Everyday he painted with his little roller, the I would go over it with the big roller...and the wall was done, at least 4 feet of it. He did a great job.... a weeks worth of painting. He tried to stain, but that wasn't nearly as much fun or easy.

Shirley

MyRnAbS
07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Shurly,
What an awesome memory!! That is a beautiful home! I wish I was there now rolling in that snow!! I enjoyed reading your home story! TFS!

iloveflipflops
07-07-2007, 03:44 PM
here is our house built in 2000. We've lived here almost 2 years. We are on 28 acres and I did one photo from far away so you can see all the land in front of our house. One is of our many trails out in our woods and the last photo is one taken this past winter with our only day of snowfall. We do not get much snow here where we are. It only snows once every few years and you can see we don't get much :).

logcabincreations
07-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Oh....I'm trying girls.....trying to get the scanner hooked up.....may be tomorrow or Monday drats!

Ah fiddle I'm missing a cord....wonder where it is?

MyRnAbS
07-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Jan,
Don't worry take ur time!

Sherri,
OMG!! Can I visit you sometime? I just love your house and land! TFS!

logcabincreations
07-07-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm missing a USB cable

MyRnAbS
07-07-2007, 03:58 PM
OH Dear!! Should I mail one to you? I have a million of those!!

logcabincreations
07-07-2007, 04:02 PM
I'll keep looking here at the office...surely there is one somewhere. I have to be home by 4:30 because we're going to a cookout. So I won't have time to hook up today.

Christie
07-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Ok, here is a picture of my house. I live on a corner so no neigbor on one side of me.

Sherry
07-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Here are some photos of my house, which was built in 2005. Since I had photos of the inside too, I thought I would share them with you. The last three photos are of the master bedroom/bath.

Now, off to find wedding photos for the other thread...

prdesigns
07-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Okay, I think I figured out how to do the attachments... watch out! Here's our house, in the middle of the block... we live about 60 miles west of Chicago.... typical sub burb. Our house is new to us, but built in 2000. By the way... today its 94 in the shade.

MyRnAbS
07-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Sherry & Peggy,
OMG!! Your houses are amazing!! I am in AWE!!

GrammaStamper
07-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Here are some pics of our house in Thunder Bay, ON.

My3Ds
07-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Peggy - very prety house. I love big porches.

MyRnAbS
07-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Barb,
I love it!! All the houses are beautiful!!! TFS!

ellie
07-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Oh, I love this thread! It is so neat to see where everyone lives...it's kinda like going for a visit. Here are some pictures of my house.

ellie
07-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Wow, you all have such pretty houses...I would like to come and visit every one!

LinzyD
07-09-2007, 04:51 AM
What a fun thread! I'll try and take some pics of my apt. tomorrow. Y'all live in very nice homes!

ellie
07-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Yeah, this is a great thread. I also like looking at the landscape...it's like visiting the state or country where you live. This may be the only way I ever get to see some of the places we all live. Thanks for posting this Myrna!

logcabincreations
07-09-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm having computer woes.....I'll sends some pics eventually. Love everyones' homes.

workin4stamps
07-09-2007, 10:37 AM
I posted these pictures a couple of years back when we were doing the same thing on PCMB. Here is a pic of my house and the view from my back porch. My house hasn't changed a whole lot..... I do have new garage doors now, and the view from my back porch is a little bit different this year. There is now a new yellow house behind me in the distance, AND we have corn this year instead of wheat!! (not my crops though....I just look at them.....) Oh--there are also a lot of dog toys in my yard now, too. LOL

:-)
Traci

ChristyR
07-09-2007, 01:54 PM
i love everyones houses here...very pretty. thanks myrna for this thread it is fun to see where everyone lives. i will post a pic as soon as my roof is done ;)

Christie
07-09-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm jealous of you ladies that have all that land!! I wish I lived in the country!

MyRnAbS
07-09-2007, 02:19 PM
I do love all the houses as well!! You welcome girls!! I too pretend I'm on an adventure going thru u alls houses!! HOW FUN!!! Keep em coming!

mydogstinks2
07-09-2007, 06:02 PM
here is mine.

We moved in in Febuary of this year. My house is older than dirt! It started out as a farm house, then was a doctor's office, then farm house again, the real estate office, now my house. It has 5 bedrooms, 4 upstairs 1 down, 1 office (mine), huge living/dining room, big kitchen, two bathrooms 1 up 1 down and a full basement. All of the berooms have huge walk-in closets. The 4 bedrooms upstairs also have huge attic spaces in through the closets. Then there is the full attic way upstairs and a huge full basement.

It really does not look big on the outside but it is!

MyRnAbS
07-09-2007, 06:31 PM
OMG!! Love it...Love it....Love it!

shurlyjean
07-10-2007, 07:45 AM
here is mine.

We moved in in Febuary of this year. My house is older than dirt! It started out as a farm house, then was a doctor's office, then farm house again, the real estate office, now my house. It has 5 bedrooms, 4 upstairs 1 down, 1 office (mine), huge living/dining room, big kitchen, two bathrooms 1 up 1 down and a full basement. All of the berooms have huge walk-in closets. The 4 bedrooms upstairs also have huge attic spaces in through the closets. Then there is the full attic way upstairs and a huge full basement.

It really does not look big on the outside but it is!

I LOVE the new houses too, but those old houses have such history and homey feel!!!!! They have PERSONALITY!! :mask::mask:

Shirley