PDA

View Full Version : my nephew and my brother...

shuggy
07-06-2007, 07:36 PM
so my nephew who is 18 got in a car accident this morning on his way to work and totalled his car. thank goodness he wasn't hurt. this is his second accident. he was going through a yellow light and someone t-boned his back end. apparently the policeman at the scene gave him the riot act and was really rude to him. i feel so bad. he was pretty shaken up.

his dad, mike, is the brother that i have been filling you guys in about. i think i mentioned that he was having some issues again after his surgery to remove one of his parathyroids. well anyway, he went to the surgeon and was told he might have something wrong with his heart. well he does. he had a stress test the other day and within 3 minutes was having chest pain, couldn't breath and basically failed the test. he had to take some nitro to help stop the chest pain so he didn't have a full blown heart attack!! now he has to have an angiogram done next wednesday so they can find out what is wrong. i'm completely scared. we have a history of heart disease in the family (my mom's dad died of a heart attack at 58, her mom of one at 69 and her brother at 53) so we are all freaked out a little.:no2:

anyway, not that anyone asked, but i just wanted to share what the latest was.

loobylou
07-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Angie, sounds like your family is having a rough trot. Sending you good luck across the miles for a little good news.
Sarah

MyRnAbS
07-06-2007, 07:41 PM
OMG!! I'm glad they are doing okay. Sorry to hear about the latter part.

cindi
07-06-2007, 08:08 PM
the good news is that they have found he has a heart problem.
They can do so much when they know..it's trouble when it goes undetected!
Heart disease in the # 1 killer in my family, too.
we have been around the block with this. Just be grateful they know he has a problem..they will fix it.
hugs to you
:huh:

mjbonoan
07-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Oh dear, my prayers are with you and your family.

ellie
07-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Angie,
I am glad that your nephew is ok. Being in an accident is so scary.
I hope all will go well with your brother. I guess it's a good thing they know about the problem and can keep an eye on it. Hopefully, this will help the drs to keep him from having any more problems. I am sorry your family is having a hard time of it right now. I will be praying for all of you.