PDA

View Full Version : Need help with what to charge

Christie
07-07-2007, 01:57 PM
My mom's friend has asked me how much I would charge to make 25-30 baby shower invitations. I have no clue whatsoever as to what to charge. I could sure use your opinion.

hbpuppy
07-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I think that the first thing that I would do is to find out what she wants. Like, does she want a one-sided quarter sheet or a folded card or a square card? It makes a big difference in costs and difficulty. And, I think I would charge by the card. It's real easy for 25-30 cards to end up being 40 cards.

teabear
07-07-2007, 02:49 PM
I just did something similar for an adoption. I charged $40 for 30 one sided 1/4 sheet cards with ribbon tied at the top in a knot. The text was computer generated and I used a SU roller stamp to put a design on the bottom of the card. The majority of the time I spent doing this was getting the text lined up correctly on the computer. The rest went pretty quickly. The only thing I had to buy was more ribbon, so most of it was out of my stash.

mahodgman
07-07-2007, 02:50 PM
I agree it depends on how elaborate they are and if you have to go out and buy supplies or already have them on hand. I think I would charge at least $2 per card.

MyRnAbS
07-07-2007, 03:13 PM
A friend of mine made about 60 invites, and they were beautiful. She charged 4.00 a card because she calculated the supplies to be around 2.00, and then she matched the other 2.00 for labor. The customers were very very happy to pay her, and on top of that they gave her 50.00 extra :shocked: I wish I was that lucky!