PDA

View Full Version : With all this talk of

MyRnAbS
07-07-2007, 03:57 PM
weddings, I wanted to start a new topic.

Where did you all honeymoon?

I honeymooned in Cancun, Mexico and that was one of the best times of my life ;) The waters were so clear and blue! And we just never slept. During the night we would go honky tonking (clubing), and during the day we'd go touring. It was a no sleep 7 day ordeal, and I loved it!

The reason I'm thinking of all this is because I recently had my 14th anniversay, and my dh forgot! :wacko: He's still trying to make it up to me, but I'm still a little hurt to let him move on.

logcabincreations
07-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Natural Bridge, Virginia. We were on a small budget because we had already started building our house. Not very exciting...sorry.

logcabincreations
07-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Men can be dorks sometime....they cannot keep dates and details in their heads

ellie
07-07-2007, 04:00 PM
We went to Mt. Airy Lodge in the Pocono Mts of PA. In the '70's that was the "in" place to go! I thought it was very cheezy but we had a good time.

inkinupstamps
07-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Hmmm....I'm still waiting for a honeymoon. DH dropped a glass on his foot the evening of our wedding and the glass left a huge gaping gouge which we ended up spending our wedding night in the ER! Never did get a honeymoon.

Yesterday was our 5th anniversary. I told him he had to use plastic to drink from because I didn't want to spend our anniversary in the ER too. LOL

Jennifer :)

emmcee
07-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Gee, no pictures and no honeymoon either :wacko::swoon:

But I had a real pretty dress to wear. It was a 2 piece periwinkle, real soft material kind of like chiffon, and the top buttoned down the front with pearl buttons and the top was covered in little pearls. So pretty & a size 14, but I can't wear it now :twitcy: Laura was my flower girl as she was 3 at the time. But we had a good time anyway, and we've had lots of fun over these past 19 years on Dec. 23.

Spartymom
07-07-2007, 04:16 PM
The day after our wedding, we stayed at the Grand Traverse Resort in MI for 3 days. My step mom had a coupon for free lodging and a round of golf. I did poorly at golf but we had fun. The day we got back to GR, was moving day into our new house. We've been at this place for 10 years now.

Fief14
07-07-2007, 04:19 PM
4 Days in Las Vegas & 1 week in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I think after the 9th day alone together DH & I were sick of it just being "us" Almost the entire time we kept saying how much "fun-er" it would have been if we had another couple with us!
But, we did have a great time together & it was just what we needed after 14 stressful months of wedding planning!

directmailscrapper
07-07-2007, 04:28 PM
We drove a whopping 2 hours away and stayed at a "resort" in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Broke and exhausted, we wanted cheap and relaxing. We had a terrific time! 25 years ago...

prdesigns
07-07-2007, 04:29 PM
We went on a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas and stayed at the Hilton for 3 days at Disney World. It was fun on our first cruise.... so many honeymooners they took two photos with hundreds of couples... then a comedian came on and jokingly said... take away one of those photos thats the percent of you who will be divorced. For us... that was 17 years ago!!

mydogstinks2
07-07-2007, 04:35 PM
We honeymooned in Vegas!! My Dh's old boss paid for our honey moon as our wedding gift!

mahodgman
07-07-2007, 05:47 PM
We spent three days at Disneyland for our honeymoon. It was a great time!

scrappinnuts
07-07-2007, 05:50 PM
We honeymooned in Lake Tahoe... such a beautiful place...we took all the money from our money dance with us ..won at Keno the last night there.. I think I won like $200..that was a whole lot of money then..25 years ago this October 9. We are leaving on vacation in three days and one of the stops will be Lake Tahoe... very relaxing.

ctinyjoy
07-07-2007, 06:11 PM
We stayed a few nights in St. Augustine, FL. That was the place of our first date so it was special for us to go back there.

MidwestStamper
07-07-2007, 06:12 PM
We went to the 1986 World's Fair in Vancouver, British Columbia. We stayed in a hotel in Surrey (a suburb) and rode their light rail into the Fair. It was a blast, and so interesting! We did that for 3 days, inbetween touring the area, which is gorgeous!

Then we drove down to Seattle, Washington and stayed there for a couple days, exploring Pikes Place Market, the Waterfront, taking Ferry rides across Puget Sound--the Northwest is so beautiful!

maxiesmom
07-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Natural Bridge, Virginia. We were on a small budget because we had already started building our house. Not very exciting...sorry.

We just went there this past Monday with our nephews while on vacation! How funny! The bridge is quite a sight, too bad we couldn't stay for the evening light show.

maxiesmom
07-07-2007, 08:17 PM
We went to Hawaii for ours, a week at a condo in the northwestern part of Oahu( a gift from his aunt & uncle) and then down to Waikiki for a week that we paid for. Should have gone for 3 weeks. I had been there for just a week with my family and knew it took a week just to acclimate! Had a great time, still not bored with it being just the 2 of us. 16 yrs. this Oct.

iloveflipflops
07-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Since we were married on St. Thomas, the US Virgin Islands, that is where we spent our honeymoon. It was wonderful and I would love to go back again one day!!

irishchristine
07-08-2007, 08:16 AM
We went to St Thomas for a week. It was great!

loobylou
07-08-2007, 08:46 AM
we drove 2 hours to a resort for one night (me in my wedding dress still- wanted to make a big entrance at the hotel- and get as much wear out of it as I could!!! Then we spent another week at dh family's holiday cottage on the river- very relaxing in a beautiful forest setting. Still my favourite place to holiday
Sarah

webzmacs
07-08-2007, 11:04 AM
We spent a month travelling in India. It was fun but living out of a suitcase for a month is not all it's cracked up to be! ;-)

cecescraps
07-08-2007, 07:54 PM
We went to Austria- I have no idea why DH picked it but, it was beautiful, relaxing and romantic so, he did well. :)

Cathi

MidwestStamper
07-08-2007, 08:55 PM
WOW--India and Austria...all sounds so interesting!

My3Ds
07-08-2007, 09:03 PM
My dh 's father passed away the morning after our wedding. :( We had to change our honeymoon plans and went to Lake Gaston NC the following week. It was nice, but the mood was obviously a little :(. We'll celebrate our 20th anniversary this Wed. the 11th.

Vintagegal
07-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Oahu and Maui

GSMom385
07-09-2007, 09:49 PM
We honeymooned in lovely Knoxville, IA population 3000 and 1 hotel. We even got the honeymoon suite no extra charge at the Red Carpet Inn. Man what a rat trap it was, I stress was because I am pretty sure they have bull dozed it down by now. We were suppose to honey moon at our new home, but my lovely sister in law put baby lotion on the windshield of our car and then threw bird seed on top of that. The windows were so bad, we had to stop in Knoxville for the night because there was no way we could drive the additional 4 hours at midnight with the car like that to our new home. My DH could hardly see to get us there. Ok now here is the pathetic part, they wouldn't rent us the room without a credit card and because I was only 18 at the time and even thou I was in a wedding dress they didn't believe we were actually married. So my father had to rent the room for us over the phone with his credit card. Talk about your embrassing moments. But we have never laughed so hard as the next morning when we were washing the car he in tux bottoms and no shirt me in my wedding dress bare foot and it all hiked up so I wouldn't get it wet. We never thought to pack a bag we had intended to drive to our new house on the river. I still find the whole thing really funny to this day, I had to pay for my own engagement ring too, because his wallet was stolen at the mall the night we went to pick it up from being sized and pay the final payment. I still love him, even if he has incredible bad luck all the time on important events. He keeps telling me he is going to take me someplace nice for a honeymoon sometime and shock me. He bought me a really fabulous ring when I had our first child so I am sure the honeymoon make up is coming someday I just don't know when.