PDA

View Full Version : I Need to Buy a Blow Up Bed

mahodgman
07-07-2007, 05:56 PM
My folks are coming to visit, and I need a new blow up bed for them. Does anyone have a good one they can recommend? A gal at work told me about Aerobed. She said it is high off the ground and has a built in pump. That sounds promising, but when I looked on line they were kind of expensive. We used to use one in our tent, and it was horrible.....all bouncy and cold. I know this is a great place for advice and suggestions, so someone help me out, please.

MyRnAbS
07-07-2007, 05:58 PM
NO those aerobeds are great. Try wal-mart yes they will be a little pricey, but well worth it. Plus you can store it away and always bring it back out when they come again. If you are from USA try Sam's club they have great deals, and they usually have these blow up beds. Make sure you get the ones that have their own pump that way there's no hassle. HTH

scrappinnuts
07-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Cosco had them ..and they where much cheapier than online... very good investment.

directmailscrapper
07-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Look for a good value -- but don't buy a cheap one. We ended up having to replace a cheapie with an Aerobed -- so that cheapie knock-off was no bargain! We have 2 -- one that you plug in and one that you charge (for camp). Worth it!

ellie
07-07-2007, 07:02 PM
I have 2 of those Aerobeds...queen and twin. We had a cheaper model but by the time the night is over, you end up on the floor 'cause they have a tendency to leak. You still need to cover it with a blanket or mattress cover and then the sheets because it does tend to feel cold.

emmcee
07-07-2007, 08:05 PM
If you can swing it Mary, Aerobed is the way to go. They aren't bad to sleep on, and that little pump that comes with it or maybe it's extra, but it only takes like seconds to blow the bed up.

iloveflipflops
07-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Love the aerobed too. Like Ellie, we bought a cheaper version too and it didn't last long at all. The aerobeds last forever!! Love them!!! Costco, Sams, or BJ's usually has them cheaper.

mahodgman
07-07-2007, 10:48 PM
I just got back from Wal-Mart. We don't belong to Sams or Costco, so I couldn't go there. We got a Simmons Beautyrest because it was the tallest and has like honeycomb compartments. I'm going to go blow it up and see if it is comfortable. It was $99, so it had better comfy! Wal-Mart didn't have the Aero brand. They had a bunch in the camping section, but I found this one in the bedding section. I'll let you know if the folks like it.