PDA

View Full Version : I'm frustrated....please give me some suggestions

logcabincreations
07-09-2007, 09:33 AM
I tried to hook up a scanner to my computer at home. The scanner was one we had at my job that wasn't being used anymore. When I tried to load the software, my computer wouldn't accept it saying "USB not supported by Windows NT". The scanner software was dated 1998, and my computer at home is pretty new. So Myrna, no luck. I'm going to have to buy something more up to date. I'm open to suggestions ladies. What do you use to post pics in the gallery? Should I get a scanner or a digital camera or what? :baffled:

loobylou
07-09-2007, 09:41 AM
I use a digital camera. my old scanner wouldn't work with my new computer either, and i haven't gotten round to replacing it. Get whatever you will get most use out of

logcabincreations
07-09-2007, 09:43 AM
How do you get the digital pictures from your camera to the computer?

ellie
07-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Someone posted a tutorial...I think a few days ago.

ellie
07-09-2007, 09:49 AM
I wish I could be more help but I can barely do anything computer related. Maybe Sherri or Erin could help...they are good at posting pictures.

ccstampin12
07-09-2007, 09:53 AM
I use my OLD scanner to post pix of my cards.
I bought it in the 90's and it does work with my 5-year old computer. Windows XP. It's an HP. Computer is a Dell.
I also have a digital camera, but have trouble getting just my chosen pix into the computer. (I recently installed 350 pix TWICE into the computer while trying to put just one picture in to post here!) LOL
DUH!
Joanie

mahodgman
07-09-2007, 10:21 AM
If you buy a digital camera, it will come with software and instructions on loading the pics from the camera to the computer. Mine has a little USB cord that I plug one end into the camera and the other into the computer USB port. I turn the camera on, and the software automatically comes up asking me how I want to load the pics. It is really quick and easy.

logcabincreations
07-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks Mary and girls. I'll figure it all out eventually (I'm just a little slow); by golly....I don't even have a cell phone....lol

MidwestStamper
07-09-2007, 12:17 PM
I've transferred pictures from my sons' Digital camera to the computer a couple times. You need a card reader that hooks right into your computer--then you insert the memory card from the camera into that--and that "reads" the pictures to your computer. I think I had to then go to "My Pictures" to download them. I also have "Picasa" for my pictures.

prdesigns
07-09-2007, 12:25 PM
When we moved this last time, we have no desk space to put the scanner nearby. I was going to eventually switch all my slides onto a computer disk... that is on hold indefinitely. I love my Kodak easy share digital camera. I can take pictures of my cards, pictures of pictures etc... then using the cord attachment that comes with the camera (along with all the computer info... as stated above) its so simple to download from the camera to the computer or even the printer. But just like anything... you do have to take the time to learn how to use the equipment... there is so much it can do, sometimes you don't even realize for years after you've had it!!

teabear
07-09-2007, 01:14 PM
I use the digital camera which comes with a cable to connect it to the computer. It's very quick and easy once you learn how to do it. I had my hubby show me how when I first started sharing my work online. I used Erin's tutorial recently about how to take good photos to post. Before that I was taking the photos outside to get good light which was a royal pain.

MyRnAbS
07-09-2007, 02:57 PM
OKay well you have several options for that scanner, lets not give up yet. First go online to the scanner website and try to update that software. It might be out of date that's all. Once you do that then try it again. If not then just take ur pics to wally and scan them there and have them burn that into a CD then u just come home and post. Digital cameras are good, but first try to see if you can make that scanner work. HTH

logcabincreations
07-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks Myrna. Will try tonight when I get home from work. However, I still haven't given up on the digital camera idea.....I need a good excuse to get one.....lol. :nod:

MyRnAbS
07-09-2007, 03:01 PM
hehehe, I hear ya!! I too have a digi cam. I just hope you can update that software. BTW, if you keep having trouble let me know I can help you to see what software you need to update. I'll be here waiting with much anticipation, I'm dying to see all ur pics!!

logcabincreations
07-09-2007, 03:05 PM
I may have to send you some snail mail..........lol...........always wanted a pen pal from Texas.:whoohoo:

GrammaStamper
07-09-2007, 03:13 PM
I'd go with the digital camera. Sometimes laying a card down on a scanner bed gives a distorted picture if you've got layers or puffy embellishments. Go digital, baby.

MyRnAbS
07-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Jan,
go for it! I'll be your pen pal!! HOORAY!!!

mjbonoan
07-09-2007, 08:38 PM
I didn't read the other posts, but I'd try going to the manufacturer's website and check for an update on the driver and software.

logcabincreations
07-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks everyone.....will try all of these things.....including dumping the can of change to see if I have enough $$ to buy a digital camera....there may be hope for me yet.