PDA

View Full Version : Question about glittery EP

cindi
07-09-2007, 09:02 PM
When I try to heat emboss with both my sparkly gold & silver EP it sticks all over my cardstock..not just on the inked image..way bad. I don't have any trouble with my regular EP just the glettery ones. Is there a trick?? I got both mine at Joans, is there a better quality one trhat won't do that?
today I even rubbed mny paper with a dryer sheet to make sure it wasn;t staicky, still no luck....HELP!
:)

loobylou
07-09-2007, 09:04 PM
you need to put some talcum powder in a sock and dab the sock over your paper before you stamp and emboss. Sounds Kooky- but trust me it works
Sarah

cindi
07-09-2007, 09:10 PM
you need to put some talcum powder in a sock and dab the sock over your paper before you stamp and emboss. Sounds Kooky- but trust me it works
Sarah

oh well.. I'll try it..stranger thinggs have been known! lol!
thanks I'll give it ago, before my kitties totally get covered in glitter!
:)

logcabincreations
07-09-2007, 09:30 PM
I use Stampin' Up!'s Embossing Buddy on my card stock first to get rid of static cling.

mcourtney
07-10-2007, 11:05 AM
I use an embossing buddy before I stamp. Then, after I've embossed I take a Swifter cloth and give it a good but gentle rubbing. The swifter picks up the stray "glitter".

Christie
07-10-2007, 11:30 AM
I always use an embossing buddy. Cornstartch in a sock will work too. I found that the dryer sheet doesn't work that great.