PDA

View Full Version : Question about EZ Mount and SU stamps

directmailscrapper
07-09-2007, 10:12 PM
I ordered EZ Mount from eBay and it just arrived. Has anyone tried using it with SU Stamps? That would be amazing if it worked -- no more little boxes stacked up! I also bought the storage system for the EZ mount stamps -- I'll let you know how I like it!

hutchink
07-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Yes Nancy,

All you do is take off the mounting from the SU ones (heat in microwave for a few seconds) and put the ez mount on them!

~K

directmailscrapper
07-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Yahoo! I'm going to give it a try! I have NO MORE ROOM for wood mounted stamps!!!

toao
07-10-2007, 09:22 AM
What a great idea! I wonder how my SU's customers would like it. I know I would. I need some extra space! Hmm, I wonder if we (demos) are allowed to demo them without the wooden blocks. ???

Mary

logcabincreations
07-10-2007, 09:28 AM
One of the reasons I'm switching from being an SU demo to being a TAC demo.......and other perks too........

Jovi
07-10-2007, 09:31 AM
I remounted all my Stampin Up sets last Spring and I'm so thrilled that I did. ;)

Nancy ~ just a little tip. After you place your precut SU stamps onto the Ez Mount sprinkle a little baby powder over the exposed area of the Ez Mount.... it makes handling and cutting so much easier. ;)

workin4stamps
07-10-2007, 01:07 PM
What a great idea! I wonder how my SU's customers would like it. I know I would. I need some extra space! Hmm, I wonder if we (demos) are allowed to demo them without the wooden blocks. ???

Mary

I personally LOVE my wood mounted stamps, and would never want them any other way! I actually mount all the stamps I get from TAC on wood and make labels for them with Stazon. I accept the fact that I am very strange, and in the minority, however!

There was just a thread about this on SCS the other day Mary, and whether we could demo with them or not....but i didn't read it. I will see if I can go find it......

:-)
Traci

workin4stamps
07-10-2007, 01:19 PM
okay...I found the thread. It basically said that someone had asked demo support, and they were told they could not demo them this way because they were using acrylic blocks and ez-mount, which SU does not sell. Plus they were showing the product differently than the customer would receive it, which might be confusing for them.

A lot of demos said that they keep their current sets mounted, and they unmount stuff as it retires and they're not demo-ing it anymore.

HTH

Traci

directmailscrapper
07-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Question -- if I nuke my SU rubber, remove the remaining sticky -- do I cut the images out BEFORE I mount it on EZ Mount -- or after? Seems like it would be easier to cut thru the rubber and the EZ Mount at the same time-- but maybe I'd be wasting too much EZ Mount? Any other advice???

workin4stamps
07-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Nancy---If you have to put yours in the microwave to get it apart, wouldn't your images already be cut??

Traci

directmailscrapper
07-10-2007, 03:00 PM
I was planning to nuke my SU before I cut them out -- then rip off the foam sticky part. I am at work -- when I get home I'll look at one of my dozens of untrimmed, unmounted SU sets to see if what I'm asking even makes sense.... (Am I having a senior moment????) :-)

workin4stamps
07-10-2007, 03:07 PM
I was planning to nuke my SU before I cut them out -- then rip off the foam sticky part. I am at work -- when I get home I'll look at one of my dozens of untrimmed, unmounted SU sets to see if what I'm asking even makes sense.... (Am I having a senior moment????) :-)

no! I'm the one having the senior moment!!! I'm getting my SU stamps confused with TAC stamps (DUH! I even sell SU!)--- SU already has the foam attached to the rubber.......

So to answer your question, in my opinion, it is easier to cut the rubber and the ez-mount together at the same time (so you wouldn't trim your images first), HOWEVER....I'm sure to be more frugal, lots of people trim them FIRST, that way they can squeeze a lot more on a sheet of EZ-mount.

So I think you could do it either way...it's really just a personal preference.....

:-)
Traci