PDA

View Full Version : As you may or may not know, our house in FL still HAS NOT sold.

iloveflipflops
07-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Lots of people look at it but the market down there is literally DEAD. So we decided today to take it off the market starting Labor Day and maybe re-list it in a year.

DH is down there right now and the realtor came by to talk. While he was there, another realtor called this realtor and he was talking on speaker phone. This other realtor has a very interested buyer who wants to know if we would take a note on part of it (I don't get any of that) and Charlie said it would depend so they verbally agreed on the phone what we would take and we MAY have a written offer soon. The good thing is they can close in 2 weeks.

I really really want this to happen. DH still drives me crazy saying he misses FL and he wants to move back - I DO NOT WANT TO MOVE BACK NOW OR EVER and he knows it. So I really want this to happen! I don't mind getting a vacation home but I really want to stay in NC.

Will let you know what happens. I have my fingers and toes crossed on this one!!!

Christie
07-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Oh Sherri this is good news. I'm keeping my fingers crossed too!

Firecracker
07-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Hi Sherri,

I hope this goes through. That would be a big relief to you. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed too! Keep us updated. Hugs, Heather

workin4stamps
07-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Good Luck!!!! Keep us posted!

Traci

Spartymom
07-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Let us know, I hope all goes well. How long have you lived in NC? You could, like you said always vacation in FL. good luck

My3Ds
07-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Sherri -a while back you mentioned about meeting each other in Annapolis. Remind him how much closer NC is to Annapolis. I think you guys should buy a vacation home here so you can go sailing/boating a lot more. :)

Erin K
07-10-2007, 07:28 PM
get a vacation home here in N Florida!

iloveflipflops
07-10-2007, 07:29 PM
We've lived here almost 2 years (come November).

GrammaStamper
07-10-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm hoping this all works out for you. It's not fun having 2 homes.

prdesigns
07-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Best of luck. I couldn't imagine trying to sell a house after you have moved. I can't imagine two mortgage payments. I would be crazy with worry! Wishing you the best!

tesschap
07-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Sherri - I feel your pain :( I will keep my fingers crossed that this current buyer works out for you. We currently have two homes on the market in FL and no one is buying in our area of FL either. One house we rent and is under lease until the end of October but the going rate for rent has lowered substantially due to the slow home sales in FL and everyone trying to rent their houses that aren't selling! Our tenants relocated a month after they signed their new lease and have to pay rent until October or until we find new renters.

I will say a little prayer tonight that it works out for you :)

ellie
07-10-2007, 10:35 PM
You better believe I have my fingers and toes crossed too! I certainly don't want to see you move back to FL!!!! Tell him I said NOPE, NO-WAY, NO-HOW!

MyRnAbS
07-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Praying that the sell goes thru!!

mydogstinks2
07-11-2007, 06:06 AM
I stressed when we were selling our place for 3 months. I could not inagine 2 years! Best of luck that this sale goes through.

irishchristine
07-11-2007, 07:37 AM
I hope it goes through for you!

ccstampin12
07-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Hoping for the best for your house-selling situation!
GOOD LUCK!
Joanie