PDA

View Full Version : Update on my friend Robin

iloveflipflops
07-10-2007, 06:41 PM
I think I saw a note from Ellie asking about Robin but now i can't find it. Anyway, she is doing ok. The whole family went to Myrtle Beach for the week. They had this planned since last year. Hospice is coming twice a week and she is living on pain medicine to help her with the pain. She is able to walk with a cane. She has talked to both kids about her dying soon and I just want to cry when she tells me that. She told me God has a plan and she will go when he says its time. WHY? Why oh why is it like this? I plan to go see her next week when she gets back since we don't have any idea how much longer she has. It just stinks! Plain & simple!!! :(

inkinupstamps
07-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Robin is so brave and what an amazing attitude and spirit she has. I've been thinking about her lately and am so glad you updated on her. She and her family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Jennifer

loobylou
07-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Sherri, Robin sounds like an amazing, strong and spritual woman. This vacation will be wonderful memories for her family in years to come, I hear your pain Sherri, I just want to come give you a hug((((())))). You are all in my prayers
Sarah

directmailscrapper
07-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Sherri, thanks for updating us. I've been thinking about her (and you!). Your friend sounds like an amazing woman, and you have been a truly wonderful friend. Nancy

GrammaStamper
07-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Sherri, I'm happy you will see your friend next week. These times will remain with you always. Robin seems like a very strong woman and is accepting with huge grace. She has come to terms with her illness and her acceptance will help everyone through this very difficult time. God Bless.

tesschap
07-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm sorry Sherri. You are such a wonderful friend. Be strong and be there for Robin.

Hugs,

ellie
07-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Sherri, I know how hard it is to loose a friend. I am so sorry that you are facing this. I will be praying for all of you.

cindi
07-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Robin & her family & loved ones will be in my prayers.
what a truly amazing woman she is to have the attitude she has,...what a lesson to us alll.
I feel so sad for you . as I know how much you care about her. saying bye to a loved one is so hard.
Keep being the good friend that you are, I'm sure that means so much to her.
Cindi

shuggy
07-10-2007, 10:54 PM
sherri, i ask myself that "why?" question on a weekly basis (especially the last two days) at work.

just being there for her is the best thing you can do.

hugs to you.

teabear
07-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Big hugs to you, Sherri. I'm so glad they still got to go to the beach this week. It's all so sad, and I'm sorry you have to go through all of this. Sometimes there just aren't any answers.

mydogstinks2
07-11-2007, 06:03 AM
going to the beach sounds like a great get away for them all! Have a great visit with her next week and tell her we are all thinking of her.

ccstampin12
07-11-2007, 07:44 AM
Robin is lucky to have you for a friend. I hope you all find the strength to deal with this terribly sad situation.
It's hard to have a friend who is ill.
I admire her spirit!
HUGS
Joanie

threefriends91
07-11-2007, 09:34 AM
dear Sherri l thank God for people like you, it's so hard to say good by l am going through this with my father in-law however he is 83 - and last Aug. l had to say good by to my brother whom has 2 kids, we don't always understand but l will pray for all of you. Cathy