PDA

View Full Version : How does your garden grow?

inkinupstamps
07-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Hi all gardeners! How are your gardens doing? (In particular, the vegetable gardeners.)

WOO HOOO...my first cherry tomatoes are ripening now. I was just out in the garden and couldn't resist picking a warm, ripe, red cherry tomato from the vine and it was WONDERFUL! Just like candy.

My big beef steak tomato plants look great but are not producing fruit! :nah: I have no idea why, but the cherry tomatoes are plentiful. The beans are climbing the poles and it looks like it will be a bumper crop. My herbs are fantastic! The peppers are growing but like the tomato plants are questionable how much fruit they'll produce.

Is anyone starting to harvest any produce?

Jennifer

Christie
07-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Well all i have this year are jalapenos. I went out a couple of weeks ago and a stupid catapillar had eaten all the leaves and peppers and just left me with sticks. :(

mydogstinks2
07-11-2007, 11:42 AM
My garden is sad, sad, sad... We never got it put in!! There is 1 zucchini plant that cam back from last year. That is doing great and we are not even doing anything with it.

My flowers are doing great!

iloveflipflops
07-11-2007, 12:03 PM
I have tomatoes that are getting HUGE but are still green. I have squash coming like crazy. Zucchini is doing good. I get HUGE zucchini. My cukes are very bitter so I end up throwing them all away :(. My cantelopes are still tiny.

teabear
07-11-2007, 12:46 PM
My flower garden is beautiful! It's very small, but I am loving all the birds who visit the pond. Just yesterday I walked outside to see a mama quail and her 10 babies getting a drink! Ahhhh I love the garden. No veggies here, but the flowers are pretty :)

cindi
07-11-2007, 01:30 PM
this year. but mt herbs are doing wondeful. I've been cooking with my fresh thyme, oregano, basil, parsley. my lavender is smelling wonderful & so is my lemon balm. and my mint patch is nice and full. I don't weed my mint or my oregano patches so there is a bunch of talll grass growing in tyhere too...I always birds areond there, kinda a habitat in the city! lol
:)

inkinupstamps
07-11-2007, 01:34 PM
this year. but mt herbs are doing wondeful. I've been cooking with my fresh thyme, oregano, basil, parsley. my lavender is smelling wonderful & so is my lemon balm. and my mint patch is nice and full. I don't weed my mint or my oregano patches so there is a bunch of talll grass growing in tyhere too...I always birds areond there, kinda a habitat in the city! lol

Cindi, this is my first year with an herb garden too and I share your excitement with being able to just walk out the door and snip fresh herbs. I've always had a pot of parsley growing but this year we have dill, oregano, parsley, basil (oooohhhh so good!), dill, and some other ones that escape me. Next year I want mint, lemon balm and catnip too! :)

cindi
07-11-2007, 01:36 PM
snip fresh dill & mix it with sour cream & black pepper for a yummy dressing foe cukes!! I love that!

inkinupstamps
07-11-2007, 01:38 PM
snip fresh dill & mix it with sour cream & black pepper for a yummy dressing foe cukes!! I love that!

Ooohhh yum! I'll remember this! I bet that mix would be nice on the side of grilled fish too. I always put dill in my tuna.:nod:

cindi
07-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Ooohhh yum! I'll remember this! I bet that mix would be nice on the side of grilled fish too. I always put dill in my tuna.:nod:

that would be yum-o!!