PDA

View Full Version : Girls: I need your help!

MyRnAbS
07-11-2007, 04:41 PM
As some of you already know I'm going to be turning a year older pretty soon ( :cry2: ) Anyways, I've been getting some beautiful cards in the mail. I have one very important question to ask. What would u do, would you post the cards in your gallery or would you just post them on a thread? I want to show off the beautiful talent, and those cards must be showcased. I have had a few opinions already, but I'm still stuck. Some tell me that since they are not my creations I should not post them in my gallery. I also want to post other cards that I've gotten out of the blue. Please help me out!! Thanks girls!!

workin4stamps
07-11-2007, 04:45 PM
I do not post other people's work in the gallery unless I have their prior permission. I didn't answer the poll, because I don't think "NO" is necessarily the case....you should just ask first, that's all. Of course I would give them credit for their work, too. 99% of people probably would not care, but...........

that's my opinion....

Traci

jewele803
07-11-2007, 05:05 PM
As long as they know it will be posted...I think it's fine to share!

prdesigns
07-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Wow! I see Traci's point..... mmmmm.... my opinion is to post them and state the artists name. I don't believe anyone would get their granny undies in a bundle.... good luck!

hutchink
07-11-2007, 05:15 PM
I always ask if it is ok! A group photo would be ok with a list of all the people that made them!

`K

lisaguyon
07-11-2007, 05:24 PM
I agree that you should ask the person first and give them credit for the work.

Christie
07-11-2007, 06:04 PM
I would ask them first if they minded. Then if they say go for it then, go for it!

loobylou
07-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Y answered YES as I am sure most people would be flattered, but as it's their art you would need their permission to display it. When My card to you arrives I'd love you to put it in the gallery- Iforgot to take a photo before I mailed it :)
I know there is a RAKs section of the gallery where you could post them
Sarah

MyRnAbS
07-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Sarah,
I would do just that!!!

JBgreendawn
07-11-2007, 08:44 PM
I post cards i receive in the mail and just say this was received from so and so, and if i think about it i put a watermark with their screen name on it...

hth,

Spartymom
07-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Good question, but how old will you be? As the person that sent you the card for permission to post, otherwise I would not do it.

Spartymom
08-09-2007, 07:59 PM
This thread is bugged. It keeps saying that I responded 5 minutes ago, and I never did. My original response was 4 weeks ago.

Caboverde1
08-09-2007, 08:44 PM
I voted no...but with a twist! Like Sherri always is making me the CUTEST coach purse cards...she never puts them in her gallery though...so I ask her if I can show them off in mine...she always says yes...but otherwise I wouldnt do it!

Tonii

Firecracker
08-09-2007, 10:33 PM
You can post mine! I think as long as you give credit. Hugs, Heather