PDA

View Full Version : Heat Embossing

Christie
11-15-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm going out to buy a heat gun and powder. I was looking around and saw a embossing stamp pad.
Do you have to use the stamp pad to emboss?
I've never done this before so I need a little direction and want to know if I need to buy the stamp pad.

Another question, if you have to buy the stamp pad, can you use a regular stamp pad or does it have to be the special one?:confused:

Thanks

so-muchlove
11-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Oh, you're going to have so much fun!! :) Anyway, you do not need the embossing ink pad. In fact, I don't like it much. ;p He he. I just use versamark or pigment/craft ink when I heat emboss. Let me know if you have any more questions. :) And have fun with it!!

MidwestStamper
11-15-2006, 02:49 PM
If you use embossing ink, then you need colored embossing powders because that ink is clear. That's why Versamark works just as well, because that's a clear ink too.

OR you can use thick pigment inks, and buy clear embossing powder. It just depends on which way you want to get your image. You can get your color either from the ink or the embossing powder.

lost luggage
11-15-2006, 03:52 PM
If you use embossing ink, then you need colored embossing powders because that ink is clear. That's why Versamark works just as well, because that's a clear ink too.

OR you can use thick pigment inks, and buy clear embossing powder. It just depends on which way you want to get your image. You can get your color either from the ink or the embossing powder.

This is one reason why I love reading this site...I always forget about colored ink with clear powder and use my black ink with clear too much. I love refreshing ideas :)

so-muchlove
11-15-2006, 05:42 PM
This is one reason why I love reading this site...I always forget about colored ink with clear powder and use my black ink with clear too much. I love refreshing ideas :)

I like how everyone has great ideas and expands on each one. It helps me to remember how I can use some of my crafting things differently. :)