PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Cooks . . .

tesschap
07-12-2007, 01:33 PM
I will once again be participating in the 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer as a member of my company's team. This year we will be walking at the Phoenix walk in November. Last year with the assistance of a couple of my co-workers we put together a cook booklet with recipes gathered from co-workers around the US. This year I have decided that I would like to put together my cook booklet with recipes from my fellow stamping friends. I checked with Sherry and she has given me permission to post my cry for recipes here. I will not solicit the sale of the cook booklets or fundraising here but would like to ask any of you that have some favorite recipes (yes - Sherri - even your egg ones :) ) to share them with me. There is no limit to how many you can submit but please do include your name as you would like it to appear in the cook booklet along with your recipe. You can either PM me with your recipes or email me - [email protected]. I look foward to reading some of your yummy recipes.

Deadline for submitting recipes is August 1st.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Hugs,

iloveflipflops
07-12-2007, 01:58 PM
I have LOTS of recipes to share. I need to compile them :)

logcabincreations
07-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Great idea....I'll look through my favorite recipes. Do you have a deadline?

tesschap
07-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks - the deadline is August 1st to get recipes to me.

lisaguyon
07-12-2007, 02:12 PM
I am sending you some.

Lisa

countrycowgirl
07-12-2007, 02:29 PM
I will send you one I need to did it out... but it is for a drumstick cake... and it really does take like drumsticks... (the ice cream kind not the chicken!)

ChristyR
07-12-2007, 02:48 PM
cool idea i will have to see what i can get together ... thanks :)

ChristyR
07-12-2007, 02:50 PM
I will send you one I need to did it out... but it is for a drumstick cake... and it really does take like drumsticks... (the ice cream kind not the chicken!)

ooohh Donna you might just have to share that with ALL of us here at the shack...i know it sounds YUM-O to me, of course i was thinking chicken at first though. :)- silly me

hbpuppy
07-12-2007, 03:01 PM
I'll send you some. It sounds like a great cause.

tesschap
07-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks so much. I can't wait to see all of your recipes. (I first thought the drumstick was a chicken recipe)!

countrycowgirl
07-14-2007, 08:03 AM
ooohh Donna you might just have to share that with ALL of us here at the shack...i know it sounds YUM-O to me, of course i was thinking chicken at first though. :)- silly me

I have pmed it to you!

mjbonoan
07-14-2007, 12:02 PM
I've pmed you and I should be getting my recipes to you in the very near future!

tesschap
07-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Thanks to everyone who has provided me with recipes. They all sound yummy :) I will be taking recipes until August 1st for anyone who still has some to submit.

Thanks again.

iloveflipflops
07-18-2007, 09:37 AM
It is on my list to do, just need to get it done. I haven't forgotten Teresa :)

logcabincreations
07-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks for bumping this up Sherri....as my memory failed me....will get to work on this right away.

Far North
07-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Just sent you few from my kitchen!
Best wishes with your project!!!...Jan

Far North
07-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Ah-h I have been gifted with a zucchini and realized I forgot to send you another fav recipes. Hope you are getting lots of recipes-I love the tried and true favorites!...Jan

Zucchini Casserole
Medium zucchini, sliced
½ cup chopped onion
¾ cup shredded carrots
6Tbl butter or margarine
2 ¼ herbed stuffing cubes (reserve ¾ cup)
½ cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup

Cook zucchini in small amount of water until tender. Drain. Set aside.
In sauce pan, cook onion and carrots in 4Tbl butter until tender. Stir in stuffing cubes, soup and sour cream.
Gently stir in zucchini. Pour mixture into buttered casserole dish. Melt remaining 2Tbl butter and add ¾ cup stuffing cubes to butter, toss gently and spread over top of casserole. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes