PDA

View Full Version : If you had to go back to being a pioneer

ellie
07-12-2007, 05:18 PM
what would you miss the most (except stamps of course)?

I think it would be an indoor privy.

lisaguyon
07-12-2007, 05:21 PM
THe AC and indoor plumbing. Lisa

hbpuppy
07-12-2007, 05:27 PM
plumbing and Stamp-Shack

Christie
07-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Hmmm, I think I would miss ice and ac!

dreis1
07-13-2007, 11:36 AM
If that ever happens, I pray the Lord to take me home, because I don't do outdoor pottys. I would also miss the a/c. Glinda

iloveflipflops
07-13-2007, 11:42 AM
I would miss the a/c too... and the Stamp Shack of course!!!

teabear
07-13-2007, 01:17 PM
I think I would miss central heating and a real washing machine. I wouldn't want to build a fire and use a washboard. I can handle the privy thing, my grandma didn't have indoor plumbing when I was little. It wasn't horrible. Oh, and a nice hot shower every day...I'd definitely miss that!

limeyscrapper
07-13-2007, 01:41 PM
The internet of course!

Erin K
07-13-2007, 01:42 PM
I want to say AC because it's so hot but I think shots for my kids and general health care for them. Didn't lots more babies die of stuff they don't die of now?

toao
07-13-2007, 01:46 PM
My dishwasher...FOR SURE! LOL I know, I know, many people STILL do dishes by hand, but I have a good reason I hate to do them. My step dad used to purposely dirty every single dish in the house when I was at school (because that was my job when I got home). He was a meanie. Literally 3 counters full of dishes had to be done before my mom got home. The first Christmas I was married, my MIL and FIL bought me a dishwasher for Christmas. Wasn't that sweet?

Mary

Erin K
07-13-2007, 02:09 PM
My dishwasher...FOR SURE! LOL I know, I know, many people STILL do dishes by hand, but I have a good reason I hate to do them. My step dad used to purposely dirty every single dish in the house when I was at school (because that was my job when I got home). He was a meanie. Literally 3 counters full of dishes had to be done before my mom got home. The first Christmas I was married, my MIL and FIL bought me a dishwasher for Christmas. Wasn't that sweet?

Mary

I'm sorry for you!that sounds like total torture.

You use and love your dishwasher Mary! I'm glad you have one.

My3Ds
07-13-2007, 03:16 PM
running water/toilet

ellie
07-13-2007, 11:00 PM
You know, I never thought of shots for the kids...and yes, I don't think the survival rate for anyone was all that great back then. If you didn't get malaria, plague, or typhoid, the indians were always just over the hill. I am sure I would not have made a very good pioneer.

mjbonoan
07-14-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm with Mary, I'd miss my dishwasher (I don't do dishes), but I do cook!! I'd miss my potty and my computer and internet of course. If I can add two more that would have to be my a/c and my recliner.

mahodgman
07-14-2007, 12:39 AM
I'd miss my hot shower the most! Outdoor potties are only terrible in the cold (or if they are dirty of course), so I don't care about that so much. But I gotta have my shower!

MyRnAbS
07-14-2007, 02:52 AM
I'd miss my microwave, Clarinet, my shorts, sandals, hairspray, curling iron, hair dryer, digital camera (i'll take my roliflex), makeup (oh dear), all my crafts, books, cell phone, house phone, well basically everything. Why?? Do you know something you should tell us???!!!???!?!?! I hope we never go back :cry2:

mydogstinks2
07-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Indoor potty! There aint no way I'm trecking through 3 feet of snow to pee in the middle of the night!! Just not gonna happen and if you had to do that with kids... no way.