PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Fun

teabear
07-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Hubby started his 2 week vacation from work yesterday. We went to the Pageant of the Masters and Sawdust Festival yesterday in Laguna Beach. It was absolutely wonderful. If you are unfamiliar with the Pageant, it's a must see for any So. Ca visits in July or August. They re-create works of art with real people including sculpture and jewelry and paintings. It's very difficult to explain, but it is truly amazing. The sawdust festival is more of a crafts fair. I got a new toe ring, made a wire sculpture, watched glass blowing, bought an interesting collage, and listened to some wonderful music. Great date day/night.

We are heading out to Mammoth Lakes on Monday for a week of condo camping. The bikes are all ready to go and Kyle has a new fishing pole. I just got back from the library with new books and books on CD for the 5 hour drive. So, if you don't see me around much, I'm re-charging my batteries. Hope everyone has a creative week.

iloveflipflops
07-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Sounds like a great week planned. Have fun! We'll miss ya!!

cindi
07-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Have fun..I like the recharging part!
we will miss you and want to see some pics!!!
:)

stampinmom3
07-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Hope you have a wonderful time. We just got home from doing the same thing and I'm ready to go back again!!!

hbpuppy
07-15-2007, 12:13 PM
I love the Pageant of the Masters. It is amazing. The wikipedia definition is :

The Pageant of the Masters is an annual festival held by the Festival of Arts in Laguna Beach, California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laguna_Beach%2C_California). The event is known for the "living pictures (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performance_art)" wherein classical and contemporary works of art are recreated by real people posing in almost exact detail to the work of art they are portraying.

I love Mammoth too. You are having an awesome vacation. Are you going to go to Yosemite while you are there? Have you been in the mine at Mammoth?

directmailscrapper
07-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Tami -- enjoy your vacation! You deserve a nice, relaxing break. "See ya" when you get back. Nancy

teabear
07-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks everyone. We are definitely going up to Tuolomne Meadows while we are there. The valley is too crowded in the summer. I don't know about the mine, Heather. Tell me more!

inkinupstamps
07-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Tami, have a wonderful time! I know you will. :) Your vacation sounds wonderful and also relaxing (ok...I'd be pooped out after a few minutes of biking but I know how much fun y'all will have!)

You'll be missed but I'm looking forward to hearing about your vacation when you return!

Enjoy!

hbpuppy
07-15-2007, 01:56 PM
The mine I went to was sort of an insider local thing. It looked like a run-down trailer on the base of a hill. But, you go inside, grab a flashlight and there is an opening to a cave. If you like to ride horses, I found this fun website (http://visitmammoth.com/static/index.cfm?contentID=68) there is also a calendar with activities. The outdoor family movies sounds fun. Okay, I'm vacationing vicariously through you Tami.

I've been to Yosemite 3 times. The second time I volunteered one summer in high school for the Yosemite institute. The first time I was on a learning adventure. And the last time was when I was staying in Mammoth. Yosemite is huge but the crowds stick to the same 3 or 4 places so if you go anywhere else it's fun. Otherwise it feels like you are standing in a line at Disneyland.

threefriends91
07-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Tami l pray you will have a great time,sounds like fun we will miss you. and Heather thanks for sharing the web pages they look great.
Cathy