PDA

View Full Version : How do you part with the cards you make for submissions/publishing?

Fief14
07-15-2007, 09:09 AM
I know there has been a lot of talk on the Shack about getting published in several different magazines, & I've seen several posts where many of you have been submitting stacks of cards with the hopes of getting published. How do you part with your prized creations? I really do want to get published, but on the same note if a particular card isn't going to get published in one magazine I'd like to get it back & resubmit it to another magazine especially after putting so much time into these cards. How should I cope? What should I do?

Help!

Erin K
07-15-2007, 10:36 AM
I just let it go. Stampington says if they eventually don't use them they donate them to charity so that makes me happy.

there are plenty though that you can include a return mailer and get them back. I got back mine from Rubber Stamper. :( ALL OF THEM. :( But apparently they return cards. I'd just look in the guidelines and see what they do.

laos348
07-15-2007, 10:48 AM
I always make extras. I figure if its a card I really like and want to have published, then I'll want to send it to others also. And I usually only send to pub's that will return my card is I send a SASE.

Laura

allinkdup
07-15-2007, 11:51 AM
I usually make 4...one to mail in, one to send to someone special and one to keep. The extra one sits in my samples & inspiration basket :)

Vintagegal
07-15-2007, 10:07 PM
I scan each card I send in, or take a photograph of it. That way, I'll know how to reproduce it, if I have to.

To be honest with you, I've just learned to let them go. It's hard when I first package them up; but once they're in the mailbox, I will forget about them within a few days.

MyRnAbS
07-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Okay I hope you don't mind my hijacking here, but in my case I'd have to pay them to take my cards ;) OR there just might not be enough money in the world for them to take them :hahahaha:

Deborah
07-17-2007, 12:12 AM
I take photos of mine too, and if it's a really special card I love, I make an extra. I spend so much time making so many cards that I don't find it a hardship to see them gone. ;) If I don't submit, I usually send them along to friends anyway.