PDA

View Full Version : There are English Springer Spaniel pups in the paper for sale ..

iloveflipflops
07-15-2007, 11:13 AM
I have been toying with the idea of getting another dog but do i go look at them? IF I go, I am sure I will bring one back with me. They are only $200. Ladybug was $600 and that was 8 years ago....

Decisions, decisions .... I might call and talk to the lady and see what she says. I only want a female.

workin4stamps
07-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Oh my goodness!! You MUST go get one!!

What would you name her?

Don't walk, but RUN!!!!!

:-)
Traci

iloveflipflops
07-15-2007, 11:17 AM
I am not thinking names just yet. still deciding if I should call or not. They are about an hour away.

workin4stamps
07-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Well....just think of a good name, and then you will HAVE to have one!! That's what happened to me!

Traci

hbpuppy
07-15-2007, 11:24 AM
I LOVE English Spaniels. I have been thinking for a long time that the next dog that I get will be an English Spaniel. They are so sweet and a really good size. They are so gorgeous too. How old are they?

iloveflipflops
07-15-2007, 11:42 AM
I just called ... they are 7 weeks old and they are liver and white. Ours is tri-color ... She is 2 hours away in the mountains so i am looking at the website now for directions ....

iloveflipflops
07-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Oh and I thought of a name ... MAGGIE

hbpuppy
07-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Love the name Maggie. I asked about the age because I watched a show last week about the importance of letting pups stay with their brothers and sisters and mom until they are socialized. I just looked on the internet and there are 2 tri-color versions: liver/black/white and liver/tan/white. They are both gorgeous.

inkinupstamps
07-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Sherri! I'm so excited! I had a liver and white Springer (bi-color) when I was a little girl. His name was Shane and he was gorgeous wearing liver and white.

Oh I do hope you'll be able to get "Maggie!" She'll be adorable and a great addition to your family! :)

iloveflipflops
07-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Well, there are 3 other springer spaniel pup families in the paper ALOT closer to us so I am waiting for call backs from all of them. They must all be at church. No one and I mean no one likes the name Maggie. UGH

The kids wanna name her Bumble Bee or Bea for short. Get it, Ladybug and Bumble Bee. How funny is that?!??!?!?

workin4stamps
07-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Is there a website where we can see some pics of the little pups????

I LOVE the name Maggie, by the way!! Want me to come and live with you instead????

Traci

inkinupstamps
07-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Well, there are 3 other springer spaniel pup families in the paper ALOT closer to us so I am waiting for call backs from all of them. They must all be at church. No one and I mean no one likes the name Maggie. UGH

The kids wanna name her Bumble Bee or Bea for short. Get it, Ladybug and Bumble Bee. How funny is that?!??!?!?

Oh how cute would that be I ASK YOU?? :nod::cute: Bumble Bee and Ladybug!

Gotta admit though, I love the name Maggie...it just seems to fit! I vote for Maggie but the other is so fun too! :nod:

iloveflipflops
07-15-2007, 12:51 PM
No website with any photos. She just has a regular website with old photos but none with the new puppy.

www.spanielpups.com

Caboverde1
07-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Dont be mad...I like bumble bee better...yall could call her le bee (le like lay)...wouldnt that just be to classy!

Tonii

Erin K
07-15-2007, 02:35 PM
I like maggie.

I can't wait for you to pick her up

iloveflipflops
07-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Ok ... update .... the kids and I are going at 4:30 to look at 3 week old springers. They are about 50 minutes away. Liver and white color. She won't let them go till they are 5 weeks old which seems young to me but what do I want? They have 7. 3 females, 4 males.

Will report back and i will take my camera too :)

inkinupstamps
07-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Ok ... update .... the kids and I are going at 4:30 to look at 3 week old springers. They are about 50 minutes away. Liver and white color. She won't let them go till they are 5 weeks old which seems young to me but what do I want? They have 7. 3 females, 4 males.

Will report back and i will take my camera too :)

Sherri, are you sure she didn't mean that she'd let them go in 5 MORE weeks (which would put them at 8 weeks old by then). I can't imagine letting puppies go at 5 weeks. No way. I bet she meant she would let them go IN 5 weeks from now.

Take photos! I bet they are darling! I loved my liver and white springer!

iloveflipflops
07-15-2007, 03:13 PM
She said at 5 weeks when they are eating regular dog food, she lets them go. I thought it was early too... I will ask again ..

shuggy
07-15-2007, 03:17 PM
keep us posted!!!

MyRnAbS
07-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh I can hardly wait for you to post pics!!!

ellie
07-15-2007, 05:13 PM
YES, YES, YES, the answer is YES! You have to get one then invite me over to play with her! Last time I was there, Ladybug told me she wanted a little sister. :nod:

ellie
07-15-2007, 06:41 PM
I can't wait to see....post lots of pictures!

JBgreendawn
07-15-2007, 06:42 PM
ooh I wanna see the babies too! :)
I hope she meant 5 more weeks 5 weeks sounds really young...

shuggy
07-15-2007, 07:02 PM
where is sherri? is she back yet???

iloveflipflops
07-15-2007, 07:36 PM
I am back ... no puppies just yet. I didn't like the whole arrangement they had. Really didn't care for the mom and dad, I can't even explain it - I just did not like they wanted to get rid of the pups at 5 weeks. That is way too young.

I am going to call the woman back in Sparta, NC and see if we can come tomorrow. Her guys are 7 weeks and ready to go NOW :)

mommagus
07-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Well you have to go with your instinct. If it didn't feel right - you did the right thing. You want to get a puppy that is ready to go home to a new family. Good luck on the search tomorrow. These ones sound better anyway.

inkinupstamps
07-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Sherri, I am so glad to hear you say that!! I've been concerned since you said she'd let them go at 5 weeks. That is just too young. I honestly would question the integrity of the breeder.

Go with your gut...it sounds like you are. You'll find the right pup. :)

workin4stamps
07-15-2007, 08:31 PM
I am glad to hear it!! 5 weeks is way too young!!! Let us know what you find out from the other lady!!

Traci

iloveflipflops
07-15-2007, 08:45 PM
DH and I are arguing so I don't think we will go look at any pups tomorrow. We went to that woman's website again (I think I put it on here somewhere earlier) and I called the lady back and she said the mommy is on there. Her name is Ginger. Well, Charlie thinks its the ugliest momma ever. HA So he thinks its a waste of time to go look at the pups too. Oh well. I will just wait for another batch to come along I guess.

ellie
07-15-2007, 09:01 PM
I am glad you waited. No reputable breeder would allow the puppies to go that young. I can't wait to see pictures though.

Caboverde1
07-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah im with Charlie...who wants an ugly dog...But tell Charlie lots of ugly mommas have pretty babies so thats not a good indicator of how the puppies are gonna look...Tell him I dont think ugly is hereditary...sometimes, but not always! This post is for Charlie...let him read it!

Tonii

iloveflipflops
07-16-2007, 09:39 AM
We decided NOT to go see those puppies in the mountains. After researching it online, it appears there are 2 different springer spaniel breeds. How can I NOT have known this all these years? Anyway, there is the sport breed and the show breed. We know for sure we want the show breed and the pups in the mountains are the sport breed. Which were the same as the pups we saw yesterday which explains why I wasn't thrilled with the mom and dad dogs. Oh well. We'll just wait and see what happens ;). I am ok with just Ladybug at the moment. Alot less work that's for sure!!

gigibee
07-16-2007, 09:56 AM
I know how the puppy bug can bite you. We went to look at labradoodle puppies and will bring one home in about six weeks. It really does help to visit the kennel. We also had concerns with the first breeder we visited. Our little guy was born two weeks ago, we get to see him at four weeks and then bring him home at eight weeks. Wow, I've never know any breeder who lets their puppies go at five weeks. But I found once you start looking and scanning the websites soon a little one will join your happy family. Due to allergies we have always had schnauzers, mini and standard. Going to try the labradoodle and see how it goes. Now this new one is going to rock our Gidget's (mini)world. We had to put down her soul mate, Maddie,last Aug. She would have been 15 in Sept. This will be our first male pup in a long time. So far his name is littly Guy as we can't seen to agree on one at the moment. LOL I love the name Maggie, but Bumbe Bee is really cute. It is really funny but we can hardly wait to bring the little guy home. Good Luck and it really does help to research when dealing with a new breeder.

Konnie