PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning from Collierville, TN

tojoco
07-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Well we're back. We drove straight through from Daytona Beach to Collierville and it took us about 15 hours. Corey and I did most of the driving.:cry2: We got in about 1:00 am and went right to bed. I have a lot of catching up to do -- here and at home. The internet connection at the hotel in Daytona Beach was absolutely horrible. Every time I logged on to the Shack and typed a few sentences, the connection got knocked off so if I was chatting with you and you didn't get a response from me, I wasn't ignoring you -- I just got dropped and after it happening every time, I decided it wasn't worth my time so I shut down the computer and forgot about it until today.

All I have to say is if you ever have the opportunity to meet any other shackies, just do it! If you don't think it will happen, try to make it happen. I had the best time meeting up with Ethel, Cheri, Asela, Erin and Pat. It was a major highlight of my trip. These girls are just so super nice; I felt like I was spending time with old friends. I hope we can meet up again real soon as I have a feeling I'll be visiting Daytona Beach quite a lot.

I want to extend a special thanks to Cheri who was so sweet to pick me up at the hotel and drive me around to all the places we visited. You know when you talk to these girls at the Shack that they are so sweet but when you meet them in person you learn for a fact that they really are that sweet and it just makes it extra special. Thanks for all you've done for me, Cheri. And I also want to thank Erin, Asela and Pat for driving quite a distance just so we can all meet; and Ethel was on her way back to Tampa when she agreed to me up with me and Cheri for lunch.

So I just want to say that I had a terrific time in Florida but it always feels good to be back home and to sleep in your own bed.:D

inkinupstamps
07-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Welcome back Joanne! The photos of you beautiful ladies that were posted of your meeting was such fun to see and it is great to know you had a wonderful vacation. How was Corey's trip to the University.

DETAILS....we need details. Welcome back. :)

ctinyjoy
07-15-2007, 01:06 PM
I was thinking of you today Joanne and wondered how far you drove yesterday. Glad you are home safe. Please know that whenever you are in Daytona, call me and we will meet up. Maybe next time instead of just eating and shopping, we can actually stamp and create together. Thank you again for the bag of gifts, the butterfly stamp is on my table right now waiting to be used;)

MyRnAbS
07-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Welcome back! Hope you have a good rest, and we will be waiting for you here!!!

threefriends91
07-15-2007, 11:26 PM
wow l sure wish l was with you sound like a dream. and l agree with you everyone here seems to be so sweet and real friendly thanks for sharing, you will have to share some of your fun moments together LOL
Cathy

teabear
07-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Welcome back. I'm so lucky that I've had the opportunity to meet up with my online buddies several times. It really does feel like visiting with old friends.

GrammaStamper
07-16-2007, 07:39 AM
Hi Joanne, so glad your enjoyed your trip and were able to meet Shackies. I'm hoping I get to do that at MOA. I'm visiting with my DS and I know what you mean about your own bed. This one is comfortable, but I had to buy a step stool to get into bed. I'm short and it's tall! It's a good thing I'm alone going to bed because it is hilarious, I'm sure.