PDA

View Full Version : Update on DH

lisaguyon
07-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Well we have good news and bad news.

He had the stress test with the dye yesterday and they thought someting was not quite right with it so they immediatly did the heart cath. Good news is that his heart is ok. Bad news is that he is still having all the same symptoms and we still do not know what is going on.:arghh:

He is at the doctor now trying to see what the next step is.

Lisa

UPDATE:

He just called and they think now he has two different issues going on.
1. he has either torn the lining of his ribs or damaged his spleen and this is causing the intense chest pain.
2. they suspect dibeates is causing the dizziness and spots and headaches.

So the result is that he is off work for 5-6 weeks at a min. and they are doing more test on the dibeates. Lisa

cindi
07-17-2007, 09:52 AM
still don't know..sometimes that just stinks.
Sounds like he's doing all he can to take care of it, so thats good.
Hang in there
Hugs
Cindi

countrycowgirl
07-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Lisa I feel for you not knowing is so tough! Hopefully they get an answer for you soon! I went 2.5 years waiting for a diagnosis for a rare brain disorder I have... sometimes when something is rare it takes a long time to figure it out. Just having an answer allows you to move on, you feel your life is on hold until then.

So hopefully they can confirm whether it is ribs or spleen, diabetes or not. The good thing is they do believe something is wrong, versus we really can't find anything you must have pulled a muscle. Hopefully they will keep looking until they know for sure.

toao
07-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Oh wow. I can't believe he had to go through a heart cath just to find out it wasn't that. Poor guy. Prayers to you both.

Mary

moon_beam23
07-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Lisa,

I hope that the drs are able to figure out what is making your DH so sick soon. My thoughts are with you.

ChristyR
07-17-2007, 11:07 AM
oh man Lisa I am soo sorry to hear the trouble your husband and family is going thru, it is so frustrating to keep being tested over and over again and still not know what is going on. My dad is having pressure on his right side of his chest he has been in the hospital running test for 2 nights and to the dr office 2 times and they still don't know what is going on. At least your DH is doing what he is supposed to be doing to make it better. I will pray they find an answer and a speedy recovery ;) HUGS

dreis1
07-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Prayers are coming your way for speedy answers. Glinda

ccstampin12
07-17-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm certainly hoping there is an end to this for you soon....with answers and solutions....
Man, the waiting is the worst!
Good luck and HUGS
Joanie