PDA

View Full Version : And the bad news is.....

toao
07-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Our new above ground pool that we spent 2 days putting up has a small pin hold in the side of it. DH was filling it last night and went out and discovered it. So now what? We only have 2 options...patch it and pray for the best, or take it all down, return it and try again with a new one. Sheeesh. I wonder how long it will hold if we patch it. Will it get a big rip in it and be ruined? Do we spent the next week taking one down and putting another one up? Bummer man. :worried:

Mary

ellie
07-17-2007, 11:04 AM
ugh, what a hassle. I know you don't want to hear this, but if it's brand new, I would return it. You will be using it for a long time and I would hate to have it spring a leak a few years down the road and then you wouldn't be able to take it back. I'm sorry, I know how much work it is...I helped my parents put ours up when I was a kid.

Christie
07-17-2007, 01:33 PM
I agree. I would return it. I know it's alot of work, but I think your better off with one that you don't have to patch up right away.

suzi_f
07-17-2007, 02:59 PM
I agree. We had the same thing happen, tried to patch it, it never held right. We ended up patching it FOREVER. Take it down & return it. you'll be happier in the end. If you don't, go buy some Marine Industrial glue. We got it at Lowes but I'm not sure they still carry it. It's supposed to hold even when it's wet. Half the time it worked, half the time it didn't.

alh
07-17-2007, 03:52 PM
That happen to use last summer. You can't take them back. You have to call the company that makes them,than they want you to take a picture of where the leak is. You have to use soap so they can see the air bubble. We never did get ours replaced.
Good luck

Anita

MyRnAbS
07-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Return it....return it....return it!!!! I know it's a HUGE hassle, but in the end it will cost you more money with a patch. Now go return it, and hurry up because we want to see some pool pictures ;)

toao
07-17-2007, 09:25 PM
DH had decided to patch it. Oh goody. (Sarcasm) I'm not thrilled, but according to his uncle who had an above ground pool for years, there's a special glue that you can use ON the patch that you can apply even under water! It's true, DH looked it up online. He said he patched many holes in his pool over the years using it, so I guess that's the route we're going. Oh and there's NO WAY you're going to see this heffalump in a bathing suit. LOL

Mary

ellie
07-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Mary, you made me laugh! Notice that all the pic's you ever see of our pool are TAKEN by me...that way, I don't have to be in them.

toao
07-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Yep, me too. Great minds think alike.

Mary