PDA

View Full Version : Update on me . . .

patg
07-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Hi guys,

As dh is out golfing, I have no one to talk to regarding my day.

I am not sure if you all know, but my gp has confirmed that I have a broken rib(s)? from my mva. I have gone back to work (it's been 4 days now) and have been extremely frustrated due to my lack of concentration and memory loss. So my summer is shot - no physical activities for 2 months!

You'll ask why I'm at work, it's because I can't afford to be off right now.

I have been working with a temp and it is not working out! She is older and have more years on me, and doesn't listen to what I say (and it certainly doesn't seem like she has more experience than I do).

I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me or pity me - I am just so very frustrated.

I cry when dh notices that I am having a migraine bcuz I don't really want him to know that really I am suffering. It has been tough the last 3 weeks.

If anyone knows that this will all go away in time, please tell me and how long it takes! I know I should know this answer as I work in the PI field, but I don't.

I'm sorry this is long winded, but I really need to let this out. My ds just hugged me and told me that everything will be ok. I feel like I am letting my boys down!

Thanks for listening!
Pat

ChristyR
07-17-2007, 10:29 PM
oh Pat I am sorry you are having a hard time right now..I don't know the answers that you are looking for, i just wanted to tell you that I will pray for a speedy recovery for you so you can get back to enjoying life. heres a hugg for you comin your way.... i hope tomorrow is a better day for you :)

directmailscrapper
07-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Pat, hope you are on the mend and feeling better soon. Nothing is worse than a migraine, and with all of your other hurts -- it must be tough. Hang in there!

ellie
07-17-2007, 11:26 PM
I am sorry your not feeling well....here's a hug....I hope things will get better quickly.

logcabincreations
07-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Pat,

I'm a little slow with the abbreviations, but I think I understand you had a motor vehicle accident?

Do you have any sick leave from work? Have you exhausted it? Did the doctor do a complete examination of you including blood work and x-rays? Did you have migraines before the accident?

You need to look out for #1.....working while you are sick may cause even more time off later if you don't take care of yourself right now.

Go back to the doctor....don't wait. Have a complete exam and get them to issue you a doctor's excuse for work.

The temp may be a dingbat....but she's better than nothing I would guess. She needs to wake up and smell the coffee....and she might do just that if you are not there. You need the rest of this week off from work. Your health is much more important than money at the moment.

And...you need to take care of yourself so your family won't worry about you and you will feel better to take care of them.

Here's a hug and a prayer.

laos348
07-18-2007, 07:31 AM
I am so sorry to hear about all the pain you are in. I'm thinking of you and hope you get better soon.

Laura

flyingflower
07-18-2007, 08:58 AM
oh, sweetie, my heart goes out to you. Here are some (very gentle) hugs. DH is right - it WILL get better. Share with him how bad you feel, let him be a helpmate.

logcabincreations
07-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Pat....let us know how you are today.