PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for my friend's son

logcabincreations
07-19-2007, 11:01 PM
A while back I told some of you about my friend Sandy's son, Travis, who is blind. Well his brain is deteriorating and he can no longer walk. He's in his middle 20's and must wear diapers and be cared for. I just received an email from Sandy....and I burst into tears. Please put him and family on your prayer lists. Thanks. Here is her message to me:

"Just thought I would let you know that Travis is back at UVA Hospital and is not doing well at all....things are not looking good that we will even be able to bring him back home if he makes it at all. I have never seen him in this shape and things have gone down hill so fast. I could really use all the prayers from everyone and every chain we could get him on. I would much rather see him go to Jesus than to suffer like he is. My heart is so broken I don't know how much more I can take. I really need everyones support right now as I feel like I am so lost....when I am home I want to be there and when I am there I want to be home, and he is so pityful I can hardly stand to be with him.

Please pray for my family......thanks to you all.

Sandy

directmailscrapper
07-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Jan, can we RAK the family some cards? Let us know. How horrible to be losing a son... Nancy

ellie
07-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Jan, what a horrible thing to have to face. I am praying.

logcabincreations
07-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Thank you ladies. She is watching her son die and there is nothing she can do except pray. She is one of the strongest people I have ever met. Her daughter (who is late 20's) is in rehab for drug addiction, and Sandy has custody of her granddaughter too. Plus her dbf recently had knee replacement surgery. Lots going on in her life.

If you ladies would like to send a card (encouragement, thinking of you, praying for you, etc.) to Sandy.....here is her information:

Sandy Sturgill
P. O. Box 622
Concord, VA 24538

Thank you so much.

threefriends91
07-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Oh my this sure brought tears to my eyes, please let Sandy know l will be praying for all of you, it is so hard to watch someone die and even more so for a son, l'm going to pray her daughter comes out and stays clean so she can be a help to her and will be sending a card.
cathy

emmcee
07-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Please let your friend know that I am praying for her and her son & family. She sounds like an amazing person, handling all these responsibilities.

Nadine
07-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Wow... I will keep your friend and her son in my prayers.

gigibee
07-20-2007, 09:43 AM
I am keeping your friend and her son in my prayers. What a sad time for all of them.

Konnie

dreis1
07-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Sending prayers her way. Glinda

Deborah
07-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Praying...and will send out a card today, Jan.

logcabincreations
07-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Thank you. I'm responding to keep this posted at the top for anyone who would like to send a card.

Jan

toao
07-20-2007, 02:16 PM
How heart breaking. I don't even know what to say other than I'll be praying for them. (I'm totally choked up)

Mary

logcabincreations
07-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Bumping up....

Erin K
07-20-2007, 04:56 PM
I will definately add them to my prayers. I cannot even imagine.

logcabincreations
07-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Bumping up again......anyone who can send Sandy a card, her address is above. Thank you so much. I haven't heard from her today.

MyRnAbS
07-21-2007, 03:53 AM
:cry2:

Jan,
I'm so sorry for that mother!! I can totally relate to what she is feeling. About being here and there......it just breaks my heart. I will certainly keep them in my prayers, and let God take over in this matter. Please keep up updated. Once again, I'm extremely feeling that mother's pain.