PDA

View Full Version : Lousy stinking milk processing plants...

suzi_f
07-20-2007, 02:59 PM
They changed all the milk jugs in the area & now you don't get the full plastic ring thing. That is Jack's all time favorite toy. We have about 15 of them & he doesn't really ruin them but he will sometimes misplace them, permanently. Is this a country-wide thing or just here. Anyone want to send me milk jug rings?

Spartymom
07-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Well we still have them. Mine are orange. I'll start sending them to ya. Just give me some time to collect some. We got thru a gallon or so a week.

suzi_f
07-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Awww, that's so sweet. Jack will be so excited. He might want to send you a thank you. I'll try to stop him. YOu don't want whatever he might try to send you. LOL

mcourtney
07-20-2007, 03:30 PM
No rings here. My cats go crazy over those wire twisty tie things you get in the produce section of the grocery store. I twist two together in the middle and then bend the "legs" down into a spider shape. When I drop it on the floor both of them pounce on it and each other and knock it all over the house. I keep a bunch of them in a drawer in the kitchen and every time they hear that drawer open they both come running and sit there looking up at me to see if I'm putting one together. It's so comical!

Erin K
07-20-2007, 03:42 PM
cats are great. I don't think I have those things, if I do I'll collect them up and send them

Erin K
07-24-2007, 02:56 PM
My milk DOES have these. I'll save up a handful and then send them to you!

Reason 46 why Costco rocks

GrammaStamper
07-24-2007, 03:02 PM
No rings here. My cats go crazy over those wire twisty tie things you get in the produce section of the grocery store. I twist two together in the middle and then bend the "legs" down into a spider shape. When I drop it on the floor both of them pounce on it and each other and knock it all over the house. I keep a bunch of them in a drawer in the kitchen and every time they hear that drawer open they both come running and sit there looking up at me to see if I'm putting one together. It's so comical!

And here I thought only my cat, Hank, was clever enough to know the sound of the drawer opening. We keep little toy mice in there to throw so he can play fetch. I've never had a pet before and I find them so dang interesting!

ellie
07-24-2007, 05:38 PM
I only get milk in one of those wax type 1/2 gallon containers. If I ever get anything with a ring, it's yours!

Christie
07-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Your talking about the the one you peel off? Or the ones that are on water bottles and stuff like that? My milk doesn't have a ring, just the thing you peel off to open it. Does your doggie play with the caps too? I could save those.

Erin K
07-24-2007, 06:27 PM
These dohickies right?

suzi_f
07-24-2007, 06:49 PM
That's them Erin. Thanks to y'all for looking! Jack will be so excited. It is so funny to sit & watch him play with them. Usually, they end up under the couch or under the door to the closets. That's the funnies when he sticks his paw under the door to try to reach them. Poor cat; no opposable thumb :(

Christie
08-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Suzi how are you on your supply? I have about 8 saved for you so far. Do you need them now or should I wait until I get a few more?

suzi_f
08-06-2007, 03:16 PM
I've got plenty right now. Someone (sorry, my minds blank right now) sent me some during my flood week. You can wait if you wish. Thanks so much. Jack will just be beside himself w/joy!!

Erin K
08-06-2007, 03:20 PM
I have 5 so far but will wait too if Jack has some. :)

GSMom385
08-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Too funny. We have rings here too, but the cats don't play with them the kids do. They draw hopscotch on the back patio and then they play with those instead of rocks. Don't ask me why, I am sure it was a daycare thing.

Great cat toy at my house is DH has a toy fishing pole and he puts a plastic keyring on the end of the string and then "fishes" from the lazy boy for the cats. I don't know who has more fun him or the cats. They also like the red lazer pointer he has on his key ring, they will follow it right up the wall if you get them going after it good. He can make them turn off our lights since they are push button with the lazer pointer. When he is lazy that is.

mydogstinks2
08-07-2007, 07:04 AM
our cats go nuts for those things!! When we moved we found them under everything! They are great cat toys and free to boot!

suzi_f
08-07-2007, 07:34 AM
They also like the red lazer pointer he has

DS has a toy gun that has the little red light on it. jack will chase that thing all over the place. I saw at the pet store where they have those laser pointer things for cats. Pets are sure funny sometimes!

loobylou
08-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Suzi, you are going to laugh at this!
I read this post a week ago when you first posted it, and thought it was weird that your boy liked to play with bottle cap rings.
Here i was thinking- my little boy likes to play on his Playstation, or nintendo DS, maybe Suzi's boy is a bit "different".
Well, it has only taken me what, a week? but i finally worked out that you are talking about a cat since the last few post started talking about what their cat does!!!

Am I clueless , or what????
Don't answer that!!
Sarah

ccstampin12
08-07-2007, 09:53 AM
hehehe....poor Sarah~
I'm laughing WITH you, not AT you!
Joanie

ccstampin12
08-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Oh, and we have blue rings on our milk....do you want some blue ones???
Joanie

Patty
08-07-2007, 11:05 AM
or maybe I just buy containers too small for that. I buy the smallest just I can find--just enough for tea and a couple of cereals during the week. I could ask some friends with children.

suzi_f
08-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks Joanie. I think cats are color blind so they don't care. But, I have plenty for now. As long as he doesn't start eating them. LOL

Sarah, here's Jack. DD named him after Jack Sparrow (she's pirate crazy!) but I have a bil named Jack too (and dh's aunt is Jackie and his dad was called Jack (even tho his name was John). Jack (the bil) has a dog named Becca which is my DD's name. Seemed only fair.

stampcrazyjulie
08-07-2007, 01:31 PM
We go through 2 gallons of milk a day....some of the milk have those rings, & some do not....are they OK if they are broken?