PDA

View Full Version : Did ya get your Harry Potter. *NO Spoilers please!*

Erin K
07-21-2007, 01:04 AM
I got it! I went just before midnight at Books a Million.

They had vouchers for everyone or you could buy one, they closed the registers at like 5 or 10 till then when it was midnight they just took the voucher and gave you the book, easy peasy. I was literally like 600th in line and got outta there in about 15 minutes.

Brian is reading right now.

please, please please, no spoilers, I just wanna hear of peeps have it or if you had any cool adventures getting it.

I probably won't be reading it for a couple of days because Brian will be hogging it. I decided to reread book 6 first so I have that.

:nod::nod::nod::nod:

MidwestStamper
07-21-2007, 01:10 AM
My younger DS should have it in his paws right now--just turned midnight in the Midwest!

He went with his older brother this morning at 9:00 a.m. to our Borders Bookstore. They were giving out wristbands for a place in line tonight. Then Daniel and DH went about 10:30 to the party at the bookstore tonight. They should be home soon!

buggainok
07-21-2007, 01:22 AM
3 of my grandkids went to the watch party to get their copies tonight. I hope they have them in their eager hands by now.

PS the 16 year old granddaughter dyed her hair pink for the occasion.:laugh:

ellie
07-21-2007, 01:33 AM
I went with a friend to Wal-Mart. There were only about 50 people there and we all had one of those rubber bracelets...it says "Griffindor" on it. That was our voucher. When we got the book, the other 3 bracelets and a lightening bolt tattoo were in the bag. We also got a small poster. I am not a huge fan but a couple of my sons are. I am sure they will be reading as we speak.

MyRnAbS
07-21-2007, 02:55 AM
OMG erin NO. 600?? Those are way too many people!! I'm freaking out I don't think I've ever seen those many people at once. My dd's are now being pests about that new book, but guess what? They are missing book no. 6 and dd's are really upset. So I will be getting those two very soon!!! I had forgotten to buy them no. 6 :shocked: Plus I'm so hungry right now, and I'm craving some ribs from chillis that I might take a trip tomorrow to the big city ;) But I don't know because I will be waiting for Dale to call me from Nascar with my 1 million dollars ;)

ellie
07-21-2007, 06:06 AM
You crack me up Myrna. I will go to Chili's with you. I like their chips and salsa.

MyRnAbS
07-21-2007, 06:08 AM
Well.....?????? what you waiting for?????? Can't we go now?? I'm starving!! What is wrong with me? I try to eat, but I can't aquire a taste and I just take a few bites. Oh DEAR!!!

threefriends91
07-21-2007, 06:23 AM
no way l could never go around so many people at once so l will have to wait, it really is true l do pass out right in front of people if there are too many. and Myrna you are so funny hope you win LOL

countrycowgirl
07-21-2007, 09:14 AM
We got it last night - we leave for holidays toady.. camping for two weeks so it is being read over holidays

Spartymom
07-21-2007, 09:23 AM
I've never even read the first book. Can you believe it?

MidwestStamper
07-21-2007, 09:24 AM
How perfect to have a good book to read for vacation! I'm bringing a couple books along for myself when we go in a couple weeks!

Vintagegal
07-21-2007, 09:52 AM
My Father In Law ordered it through Borders.com for DS. Completely unexpected, and we would have stood in line at midnight last night, but since he already bought it.......

iloveflipflops
07-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Erin, has Brian read the whole book yet?

Sherry
07-21-2007, 11:30 AM
I just picked up the book this morning. I'm a bad mama though because I'm using the book as leverage. DS knows I have it but he's not even allowed to look at the cover until his room is cleaned. I have been after him for a month now to clean his room and I'm happy to report that he's cleaning as I type. FINALLY, I have something to work with *heeheehee*

suzi_f
07-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Neither of my kids nor I have read ANY of the books. They're just not into them. I think I may try to get DS to start them when the school year starts. It's VERY hard to find him books that interest him & he's required to read about an hour each night.

cecescraps
07-21-2007, 04:43 PM
I had reserved it at Barnes & Noble for Patrick. We just picked it up and he's lying on the couch in the basement reading as I type. He'll probably be finished by Wed. or so. I should have stock in B&N because we all love to read. It seems like I'm there ALL the time.

Cathi

kimmyqtgirl
07-21-2007, 04:51 PM
I can't wait to get it! I never read the first 4! I saw all the movies and then started reading at the Order of the Pheonix (which I saw last night). I can't wait to read this one! I am very sad it is going to be the end of the series though.

directmailscrapper
07-21-2007, 05:33 PM
We were running errands and we picked it up this afternoon. I have them all -- they are for ME -- not for my kid! (although she's welcome to read them -- she's intimidated by the size of the books).

MyRnAbS
07-21-2007, 07:52 PM
hahhaahaha Nancy, you're just like me ;) My oldest dd reads them for AR and she gets like 20 points for each book :shocked:

Cathi,
I too am a lover of barnes and noble, don't u just love that new book smell, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wish I owned a bookstore!!! I'm an avid reader!

JBgreendawn
07-22-2007, 09:40 AM
I picked mine up yesterday (before lunch) and when i finished it DH took us out to dinner...

so i have a perfectly lazy afternoon on the sofa with mine.
(haven't done that in a million years)
my bf is coming over to play in my room later today after church so today will be a perfectly good day too!

hope he finishes soon, so you can start!

MyRnAbS
07-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Stacy,
Did u read that entire book in one day??? OMG!!

JBgreendawn
07-22-2007, 09:51 AM
yep I really did,
i was so hungry when i was done...

skipped lunch

limeyscrapper
07-22-2007, 12:43 PM
I got a copy yesterday. No big adventure to get it - I didn't even leave the house! My son-inlaw was in the bookstore getting a copy for them and he picked one up for me too.
I haven't started reading it yet. I've already got a book started and I'd like to finish that one first.

kerry
07-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Nah, I'm not into the Harry Potter craze, and I'm an elementary school teacher. Just doesn't thrill me.

My teaching assistant preorderd three books and one leather bound book waaayyyy long ago. She is a die hard HP fan...I just can't get into him. She was in group 17 at the Barnes and Noble to pick her books up.

PS...I went to Target last night and they had TONS of them on the endcaps of the registers. Nobody seemed to be jumping to get them.

Kerry

GrammaStamper
07-22-2007, 01:59 PM
I've never even read the first book. Can you believe it?

Me, either! My DD keeps saying I should read them, but so far, have not done so.

stampinmom3
07-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Nope! We don't do Harry Potter at our house!

bubblegum girl
07-23-2007, 12:15 AM
i picked up my copy at Walmart yesterday afternoon and am almost halfway done. BTW it was wayyyy cheaper (22.95 instead of normal cover price) at the empire than anywheres else around here but i saw it everywhere Safeway, a convieice store at the Calgarary airport and the empire to name a few.

pesc
07-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Have got the copy for my goddaughter and I'm reading it (with here permission, she's gone in vacation)... but I will have to get some sleep sometime!!! I had a hard to put it down to sleep... and my little girl does not have any trouble getting up in the morning!!!

teabear
07-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Oh yes! Kyle and I went at midnight Friday night to the little local bookstore where we were on vacation. They had cupcakes with HP designs on them and milk. We had our book and were in the car by 12:03 am. By 11:58pm on Sunday night I finished the book. It was amazing....I adore Harry Potter books. I'm a nut. Kyle is still reading it. I can't wait for him to finish so we can talk about it :)

Erin K
07-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Brian read it all night friday and during the day Saturday. I took over Sunday and read it on Sunday. Brian finished last night. I'm glad we are both done because we can talk about it. I think I"m gonna read it again now.

bubblegum girl
07-24-2007, 03:03 PM
i finished last night at 10:30. i love the book and was really thrown for a loop near the end...

pesc
07-25-2007, 01:47 AM
Just finish to read it... at 1h45!! Si I need to go to bed because my little girl will get up tomorrow morning... Harry Potter or not!!