PDA

View Full Version : I don't read much but I am thinking I need a book for the airplane ....

iloveflipflops
07-21-2007, 11:14 AM
any suggestions???

I need an easy don't put down that book read if you know what i mean :).

Thanks.

directmailscrapper
07-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Angel's Fall by Nora Roberts. Easy, great "beach" read! Perfect for an airplane ride!

iloveflipflops
07-21-2007, 12:05 PM
I wrote it down Nancy and will check at Sams when i go next week

tojoco
07-21-2007, 12:54 PM
It's got to be a Janet Evanovich book. This is her very first book. It's very funny, sexy, mysterious, murderous, entertaining. You will definitely laugh on the plane. Here's one of her reviews to see if it interests you:

From Publishers Weekly
First novels this funny and self-assured come along rarely; dialogue this astute and raunchy is equally unusual. The gutsy heroine introduced here is Stephanie Plum of Trenton, N.J., a recently laid-off lingerie buyer who has no job, no car and no furniture. She does have a hamster, a deranged grandmother, two caring parents and several pairs of biking shorts and sports bras. Finding work with her cousin Vinnie, she becomes a bond hunter and scrounges money enough to buy a gun, a Chevy Nova and some Mace. Her first assignment is to locate a cop accused of murder. Joe Morelli grew up in Stephanie's neighborhood. Possessed of legendary charm, he relieved Stephanie of her virginity when she was 16 (she later ran over him with a car). In her search, Stephanie catches her prey, loses him and grills a psychotic prizefighter, the employer of the man Morelli shot. She steals Morelli's car and then installs an alarm so he can't steal it back. Resourceful and tough, Stephanie has less difficulty finding her man than deciding what she wants to do with him once she's got him. While the link between the fighter and the cop isn't clear until too late in the plot, Evanovich's debut is a delightful romp and Stephanie flaunts a rough-edged appeal. Mystery Guild alternate; author tour; film rights optioned to Tri-Star.

Sherri, a "deranged grandmother" is an understatement. She is hilarious and at times I think she makes the story.

inkinupstamps
07-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Sherri, any of the books on my signature list are very good! (Fat girls is hysterical!)

GrammaStamper
07-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Angel's Fall by Nora Roberts. Easy, great "beach" read! Perfect for an airplane ride!

I just finished reading that on the plane ride home from Toronto yesterday. Great book.

ccstampin12
07-21-2007, 02:44 PM
I highly recommend the Sue Grafton mysteries.
I'd start with "A" is for Alibi, and continue from there! She is through the alphabet up to "S". I'm reading "R" now.
Great fun!
Joanie

suzi_f
07-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Gotta go w/the Janet Evanovich. I'm now on book 8. LOVING them!!!

allinkdup
07-21-2007, 09:02 PM
agree with all of those...but I picked up one this last week that ended up being AWESOME! It was called "The Red Tent" and I couldn't put it down. Not my normal book either :)

Spartymom
07-21-2007, 09:04 PM
I usually go to the library and pick up new released books. Books on sex, dating, food, you name it. Something that doesn't make me think about that book but also I want to read too. A no brainer book.

shuggy
07-21-2007, 09:49 PM
the elizabeth bright books are good. want me to send you one? it's from joanne.

mcourtney
07-22-2007, 03:28 AM
I like James Patterson. The Alex Cross series or the Lindsay Boxer series.

gigibee
07-22-2007, 07:56 AM
I really like the Janet Evanovich series. I just finished #13 and passed it to my daughter. I also like the Sue Grafton mysteries.

Konnie

webzmacs
07-22-2007, 08:59 AM
I agree - Janet Evanovich is a great choice!! I love, love, love her stuff! I went to a book signing and she is just as wonderful and wacky as her books are.

Warning: You might be hooked after one read and may decide you need to read ALL of her books! ;-)

GSMom385
07-22-2007, 09:49 AM
I gotta agree with Mary the Alex Cross series from James Patterson are excellent have read them all and I like Kay Scrappetta too, but I sort of forget who the author is for her series Patricia Cornwell maybe. Also when I want an easy read Sandra Brown is one of my favs and she has a new one out called Ricochet that was fantastic. I don't read most of the books I read, if that statement makes any sense. Since I drive over 55,000 miles a year I have an Audible account and I listen to them on my Ipod. So I read LOTS but I don't actually read. I could burn one to CD for you if you want. Just pm me.