PDA

View Full Version : Update on my friend Sandy's son Travis

logcabincreations
07-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Hi ladies

Sandy wrote me back that Travis has been diagnosed with Batten Disease...and there is no cure. I did a search for it on the internet and read quite a bit. So sad. Children diagnosed with the kind he has only live until their teens or early 20's and Travis is in his early 20's.

If you can send her a card of encouragement, thinking of you, prayer & support, etc., she will be so grateful. I told her in an email she may be getting some cards from some of my stamping friends. Here's her address again:

Sandy Sturgill
P. O. Box 622
Concord, VA 24538

Here is her 2nd email to me:

Hey Jan,

I am hanging in there....I just got back from UVA. Yes they finally say he has Batten Disease.....but I still do not think they are sure. He is so sad....he cannot even move without breaking out in hives he is so scared. He just cried when I left tonight. I went to the chapel and prayed that God knows best and it is okay for him to take him....but my heart is breaking into. I know I will survive but it is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to live.

Thank you so much for thinking of me. I feel so all alone sometimes and it was special to come home and see your email.

I do not think Travis will get better without a miracle, and I know that is possible. I just want him to be at peace. There is no hurt such as that watching your child suffer, but I know in my heart I have done everything possible to make his life better.

Thanks again....and just keep me and Travis in your prayers.

Sandy

toao
07-23-2007, 09:50 AM
My heart is heavy for your friend. I can't imagine seeing my child in so much pain. I pray that God will give them both strength and that Travis' journey will not be long. I'll try and get a card out tomorrow.

Mary

Christie
07-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Jan that is really hard to read. I'm so sorry that your friend is going through such a tough time. I could not even image what it must be like. I will send her a card out too.

logcabincreations
07-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Thank you ladies.

threefriends91
07-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Jan l am so very sorry l will keep praying that God will step in and give them peace, l was away but l will send out a card to Sandy on Thur. hugs to you from one of your many friends
cathy