PDA

View Full Version : Let me tell you about my birthday, so far..

directmailscrapper
07-23-2007, 01:08 PM
A couple of weeks ago I received my first birthday card from a Shackie. Over the next many days, I received a few more. I was thrilled with each one, but I didn't feel satisfied. Here I was, opening this incredible GIFTS -- with no one to share them with but my DD and DH (who, although they oooohed and awwwwed -- probably didn't appreciate them as much as I did!).

So I decided to save them all and open them during our big family celebration (my extended family celebrates ALL birthdays!) We celebrated my birthday (and my DH's birthday from earlier in the month) yesterday at my sister's house.

I opened each card one at a time and passed them around in a circle to admire your cards. My 18-year old nephew asked, "Aunt Nancy, how do all of these people even KNOW it's your birthday -- and how do you know them anyway?" I told them all about the Shack and all of my wonderful friends.

It was such a special treat to share all of your cards with my family -- thank you so much! I am planning on PMing each of you to thank you personally (probably not until tomorrow!).

BTW -- for my birthday, from my family, I received the new circle cutter from EZ (I'll let you know how I like it!) and the paper cutter from Making Memories. My DH tells me that I know own about 7 cutters and that it's time to reduce my collection. (These are straight line cutters -- like the Fiscars, Dahle, and more). I think I have two I can part with -- none of them do it all!!!! :confused:

You guys are the best! Thanks so much! :notworthy:

Christie
07-23-2007, 01:18 PM
WOW Nancy, it sounds like that was a great plan you had! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Birthday!!

pesc
07-23-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm really happy for you! I wish you a great year from now on!! :)

tojoco
07-23-2007, 02:38 PM
So glad your birthday was made special with our help. Enjoy all your goodies.

mjbonoan
07-23-2007, 07:39 PM
It's great to know that you are enjoying yourself so much. You also got great gifts! Continue enjoying your day!

MyRnAbS
07-23-2007, 07:49 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about. It is a tremendous feeling to receive so much love from people that we only know cyberly, kwim? My dh is still talking about all my wonderful cards! He tells all his family and friends. We are all blessed to know each other.

I'm so happy that you are having a wonderful day!!!

Fief14
07-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Happy Birthday, Nancy! It sounds like it was wonderful! Enjoy your new toys!

patg
07-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Happy Birthday Nancy! So glad you are enjoying yourself! And great gifts too!
pat

Canadian, eh
07-24-2007, 09:56 PM
So you glad you had a wonderful birthday, Nancy!

loobylou
07-25-2007, 04:21 AM
It was a pleasure to send you a birthday card. We really are a very special community here. Enjoy the rest of your celebrations
Sarah

bitzybeka
07-25-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm glad that you had a great birthday Nancy. Your card is on it's way we are having postal strikes at the moment so it will be delayed Sorry
Beckie x