PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas! (for Christmas gifts for boys)

Darleneh710
07-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Hi Ladies,
I was wondering if any of you could help me out. I have a friend who is going to be making handmade items for her nephews (ages: 15 and under) and would love to know what kind of altered items she could make them. I suggested altered paint cans with their fave items inside. And thought maybe you ladies could give me any suggestions you have. She is starting early for Christmas. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Thanks so much in advance,

kerry
07-24-2007, 03:51 PM
If the boys use a computer, you can do some stamped/altered mouse pads or even a fun stamped and decorated mouse.

Kerry

lisaguyon
07-24-2007, 03:51 PM
I did the altered paintcans for my boys and DH a couple of years ago and they loved them. I picked up little things each week in Oct-Dec and they were stuffed come Christmas.

My 15 yo loves to have cards that he can give his friends and girlfriend. Boys also love the masking tape wallets and altered bullentine boards.

HTH.

Lisa

tojoco
07-24-2007, 06:34 PM
What about some gift card holders? I know my DS gave GCs to his friends last year and they gave him GCs. A cool holder would be great.

Nadine
07-24-2007, 08:55 PM
How about a wooden treasure box? Not girly like a jewellery box of course but for boy treasures. I gave my brother one a few years ago and it went over really well.

teabear
07-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Pirate stuff is a big deal with my 12 yo kiddo. There are some great pirate themed papers and stuff in the shops, that I have been picking up to make him some things. A door hanger and an altered key chain to put on a back pack are on my list to make for Kyle. I'll probably make a bookmark, too. Thanks for starting this thread, it's got some good ideas.

Darleneh710
07-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Thank you ladies for the wonderful ideas! I am sure my friend will use some of them!