PDA

View Full Version : Please say a prayer for my husband

maxiesmom
07-24-2007, 09:53 PM
As some of you may remember, he became ill 2 years ago almost exactly, with an auto immune disorder. His function with his arms is very limited. It had gotten somewhat better since 2005, but he was never able to lift more than about 30 lbs. and then only for a minute or so.

About a month ago, he started exhibiting signs again that it was starting to be active again and sadly enough it has. Even with rest, rest and more rest he ended up back in the hospital last week. Luckily only 4 days and was home Fri. night, although not much better than when he went in. Now in addition to his arms having limited use( he is mostly in a comfy chair with his arms propped up with pillows) his feet are starting to swell and he is also having blood sugar issues( he's not diabetic) and is having to test 4 times a day and give himself insulin. As if he doesn't have enough wrong with him.

His rheumatologist called tonight and said today's blood work numbers(for his muscle enzymes) are higher than when he went into the hospital and he is to do NOTHING except be in bed, in his chair, at the table or bathroom. Geez, he couldn't rest any more if he tried! This is so frustrating! He is a great guy and has borne this all with,if not good humor, at least he almost never complains. He is a way better person than I and at only 42 has been through so much since 2000.

Sorry this has been so long, I truly appreciate any prayers and good thoughts you could send up for him.

hugs

teabear
07-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh Kathy, I am so sorry to hear of this latest turn. Sending you hugs and good wishes for a turn-around and some good news soon. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

tojoco
07-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Kathy, OMG I feel so bad for him and you. I hope things start turning around for you both real soon. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Prayers are headed your way.

Deborah
07-24-2007, 10:18 PM
What a tough time this must be for him. It sure says alot that he'd still able to respond with humour. Prayers on the way...for YOU too...

emmcee
07-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Sending prayers your way. I certainly hope that the medical professionals soon can bring some relief to your DH.

directmailscrapper
07-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Kathy, what a tough time you guys are going through! I can't imagine -- and at 42! At least a diagnosis would give you a direction. I'll keep you in my prayers. Nancy

Victorianrose
07-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Prayers and support flowing your way.
Debbie

maxiesmom
07-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Kathy, what a tough time you guys are going through! I can't imagine -- and at 42! At least a diagnosis would give you a direction. I'll keep you in my prayers. Nancy

He was diagnosed with Polymyositis 2 years ago. Like I said, an auto immune disorder that primarily affects the upper extremeties and torso. The feet swelling is scaring me a little since he never had any swelling in his legs. His arms were huge though.

maxiesmom
07-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Oh and I forgot to say, when he saw his doctor today, she said he'd gained 22 lbs.(!!!) since last Tues. 1 weeks time! That means he has 22 lbs. of inflammation in his body cause his appetite has been awful this past week and you know they don't over feed you in a hospital! He has eaten very little so I know it's not cause he's hogging down!

iloveflipflops
07-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Oh Kathy. Here is a great big hug for you!!!

ellie
07-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Kathy, this must be so hard. I am sorry. I am praying and sending hugs.

GrammaStamper
07-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Kathy, keeping you and DH in my prayers. Here's a hug for both of you.

threefriends91
07-24-2007, 11:24 PM
oh Kathy l will pray for both of you, so sorry you have to go through all this, here is a hug sent to you both

ChristyR
07-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Kathy, so sorry to hear about your DH's condition. i will keep him and your family in my prayers and pray for some relief and recovery for him huggs coming your way :)

Firecracker
07-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Kathy,

I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. Hugs, Heather

logcabincreations
07-24-2007, 11:58 PM
I've done quite a bit of reading about autoimmune disorders. I have a friend who has Sjogrens Syndrome. I am astounded at the number of these disorders and how they are treated. I know steroids are often used to help the muscles function, but the side affects can often be terrible. If your husband is taking any type of steroidal drug, it is probably causing the swelling. I pray he gets some relief very soon, and that God will touch and heal his body. You are both in my prayers.

MyRnAbS
07-25-2007, 07:20 AM
Prayers your way immediately!! May the Lord be with you and your family!!!

Christie
07-25-2007, 08:11 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. This must be hard on both of you. I hope that it all gets better very soon. ((((HUGS)))) to you both.

moosemama
07-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Kathy, that must be very difficult for all of you. I'll keep you in my prayers.

lisaguyon
07-25-2007, 09:45 AM
HUgs and prayers are comming your way. Please keep us updated. Lisa

toao
07-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Prayers going up right now....

Mary

stampcrazyjulie
07-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Kathy.....I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you during this difficult time! I pray that all will turn out well & that your DH will be feeling much better VERY soon! Keep your chin up!

patg
07-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Kathy, I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I hope things get better. I'm sending hugs and prayers your way.

Pat

shuggy
07-25-2007, 01:07 PM
hugs to you kathy.

pesc
07-25-2007, 02:35 PM
I'll pray for you both and your family. I wish the doctors will find a way to treat your husband. I know it's not an easy time try to keep the faith! Wish you both the best.

shurlyjean
07-25-2007, 06:20 PM
The hospital sent him home... it seems that he should still be there, but maybe they can't help right now.

Is there medicine you can use? Will he recover with time, or is this chronic.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Shirley