PDA

View Full Version : Update on DH

maxiesmom
07-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Well shortly after posting last night, he started running a fever and was covered in blankets in our 80* house! He called his doctor this morning and we knew the reply would be back in the hospital and it was.

He had another bout of chills this afternoon, he was chattering so hard it was hurting his muscles! Luckily it didn't last too long, but then the sweating began! It is pouring out of him, but at least I feel positive that it's sort of his body's way of getting rid of some of this inflammation. They are doing tons of blood work on him and had a consult with an infectious disease doc to rule anything out. Since he's been on the prednisone for 2 years now, we are well aware of what a suppressed immune system can do.

His doc let him know up front, she is not rushing him out of the hospital this time and he's there for as long as he needs to be and he realizes this needs to be the case too.
thank you everyone for your prayers and good wishes, you have no idea what you all mean to me.
God Bless you all
hugs

directmailscrapper
07-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Kathy, we will keep you in our prayers. I hope your husband responds to the treatment and starts to feel better and stronger. Nancy

workin4stamps
07-26-2007, 07:42 AM
Kathy--- hang in there!! I'm thinking of you girl!! A big hug to you, and one to David too. Poor guy. He's such a trooper. You guys sure don't deserve to be going through all this. I hope it all passes soon!!

Traci

iloveflipflops
07-26-2007, 08:00 AM
At least with him being in the hospital they can keep a much closer eye on things!! He is a trooper and so are you!! This is alot to deal with!! Let us know what we can do!!

threefriends91
07-26-2007, 08:30 AM
oh Kathy the hospital is the best place for David now, l will keep praying for you both, there is power in prayer we love you keep us up dated and make sure you try to rest and eat hugs to you both

logcabincreations
07-26-2007, 09:08 AM
I pray God will give the doctors insight into better treating his disease. Here's a hug for you that you'll continue to be strong for your dh.

ellie
07-26-2007, 09:12 AM
I am glad they let him go to the hospital...that way they can really observe him and get to the bottom of this. I am sorry Kathy, I am praying for wisdom for the doctors and peace and encouragement for you and your dh.

lisaguyon
07-26-2007, 09:27 AM
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

teabear
07-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Thanks for taking the time to update us. I hope the docs do a great job and get things in a more stable place for him.

cindi
07-26-2007, 12:53 PM
at least dh is where he needs to be.
I'll say a prayer for him , and, your family.
Hang in there
Cindi

Vintagegal
07-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated. I will certainly continue to keep you and your DH in my prayers. Sending you cyber hugs,