PDA

View Full Version : Did you see that Northwest Airlines cancelled HUNDREDS

iloveflipflops
07-29-2007, 09:36 PM
of flights this weekend?

That is the airline I am flying on to MOA. They better get their act together by then or I am not going to be a happy camper!!!

cindi
07-29-2007, 09:40 PM
I haven't seen any news today, so I have missed this.
Why ??
I hope your flight is ok
:)

iloveflipflops
07-29-2007, 09:46 PM
I thought they said something about the pilots not showing up for their flights. Lovely huh?

tojoco
07-29-2007, 09:50 PM
I hate NWA. Memphis is their hub as is Minneapolis yet the flight cost over $400. That's why I'm flying into Chicago and am lucky enough for Traci to pick me up there to drive on to Minneapolis.

maxiesmom
07-29-2007, 10:14 PM
You should be lucky since you are flying at the beginning of the month. NWA is THE major airline here in Detroit. The papers have said the pilots have amounts of airtime they are supposed to have and I think due to their unhappiness with their contracts(??) that once they reach the number of hours they are supposed to not exceed, the pilots have just started calling in.

I may have some details wrong, but I think I'm pretty close. They have said these cancellations are occurring at the end of the month when they have gotten all their hours in.

GSMom385
07-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Well Sherri, if you can't get into Minneapolis you can always fly into Des Moines and ride up with us. It is mostly a Midwest, Delta ( which I think they call Comair now) and United terminal, but they get a few Northwest in there too.

MnMommy2
07-30-2007, 01:11 PM
They have been having problems for months. My dh travels a lot for work and they cancelled a flight from Cleveland to Virginia and he had to drive. They say if you have an early flight it is less likely it will be cancelled.

I am getting nervous too, I have a flight already paid for a trip in early November, a crop in Michigan. I do not want to drive to Michigan!

My3Ds
07-30-2007, 01:17 PM
You'll just have to rent a private jet for all of you to fly together. I'm jealous, but will keep my fingers crossed that your flights are not cancelled.