PDA

View Full Version : Coloring Thomas Kinkade Images

mahodgman
07-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Well, I finally made up my mind which TK stamps to buy and got my order the other day...wow they were fast! I attempted to color one this weekend and gave up after about half an hour. Holy cow, it is just too much! Fortunatley I really like the images just inked with VersaFine. Who knows, I may like the results if I could get one colored completely, but I just don't know if I can invest that much time into one image!

threefriends91
07-30-2007, 09:23 AM
l had done the samething last year, got a great stamp and found it took to look to colour, what a bummer eh

Erin K
07-30-2007, 09:24 AM
I'd try markers,the one I colored I used markers on and it was really fast, a lot of the shading is already in the image.

Pencils took forever and finally I gave up.

But yea, they look really cool just stamped and not colored too.

scrappinnuts
07-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Mary... I agree... I tried also.... I will try again..but in the meantime, I really do love the one color of Versafine.. which TK's did you get... It doesn't get much better (fishing Man), The Forest Chapel, Village Christmas... I got 2 in the Large size and 1 in the Oval..which I am going to go back and order the Large one... It just isn't big enough..anyway I love them..and can't wait to use them.

mahodgman
07-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Mary... I agree... I tried also.... I will try again..but in the meantime, I really do love the one color of Versafine.. which TK's did you get... It doesn't get much better (fishing Man), The Forest Chapel, Village Christmas... I got 2 in the Large size and 1 in the Oval..which I am going to go back and order the Large one... It just isn't big enough..anyway I love them..and can't wait to use them.

I got It Doesn't Get Much Better, Village Christmas and Garden of Prayer. I got all big ones thinking I can cut a small oval out of them if I want the smaller size.

Ok, Erin, I'll give markers a try next.

JBgreendawn
07-30-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm wondering how chalks may look on them too?
(havent tried it yet, but I have only tried coloring the small oval size not the whole image...)

aselahop
08-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi all,
I totally understand . But don't give up on the TK images. As you have already said they are lovely just in one color. Keri is doing tutorials on Fridays on how to color them in. This one is especially fun. http://pinklemonade.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/07/fridays-techniq.html

countrycowgirl
08-05-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm wondering how chalks may look on them too?
(havent tried it yet, but I have only tried coloring the small oval size not the whole image...)

The first one I did I did with chalk and it was really quick.. I included the image below... as for coloring... I never even liked it even in kindergarten :no2:

So I go for alcohol ink for color... just add it to some glossy paper and stamp the image quick a 5 minute card with color... I attached a few to show you(they are in the gallery already) I've got a whole whack of them stamped on alcohol ink I am just to lazy to mat and finishe the card! :laugh: