PDA

View Full Version : Who lives close to Salt Lake City??

workin4stamps
07-30-2007, 01:54 PM
I know we have a lot of Utah girls here, but I'm not sure who's close to SLC.

I have decided to go to Stampin' Up! convention next year, and I'm going to take my husband with me. Of course, he won't be going to my activities while we're there, so he'll need something to do.

What kind of sporting events/guy stuff can one do in SLC at the end of July/beginning of August???

I'm planning in advance!!! LOL

Traci

stampcrazyjulie
07-30-2007, 01:59 PM
I live smack dab in the middle of Salt Lake. We have tons of stuff to do, but off the top of my head I am like?????? We have a Baseball Team the Salt Lake Buzz that plays about 2 miles from my House at the Franklin Covey Field.

He can go Fishing at a number of Lakes within 45 mins., we have Mountains to go Hiking, or Mountain Bike Riding Trails.

He could even go to Raging Waters which is a huge Water Park or Lagoon which is an Amusement Park in Layton 30 minutes away.

Or send him around to all of the LSS like Robert's! :)

There are several Gals in the area, I am sure that they can think of more things....Angie....are you reading this???

Erin K
07-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Temple Square??

Firecracker
07-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi Traci,

Does he golf? I live only about 20 minutes from Salt Lake. If he golfs, he could golf with my father. He is an avid golfer. Let me know what he likes and I can tell you what we have or don't have. I can't wait! We will finally get to meet. Hugs, Heather

workin4stamps
07-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Heather...No....he does not golf :-(

He LOVES any type of sporting event though. I heard someone on another board mention something about ESPN Zone??? What is that?? That sounds right up his alley since he watches ESPN 24/7.

Does your Dad like to go to any type of games in the summertime??

Thanks Julie and Erin for your replies also!! Julie---Brian would LOVE to go to a water park, I'm sure. He is such a kid!!! That is a great idea!! He just needs to find someone to go with I guess. Maybe he can borrow a couple of your kids?? LOL

Traci

mahodgman
07-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Is it going to be back in SLC next year? I've got a sister in Ogden which is about 30 min. from Salt Lake I think. Maybe I can get my act together by then and finally sign up with SU. Then I could meet you there!

stampcrazyjulie
07-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Traci....YES!!!! Your DH can most definitely borrow at least 2 of my Kiddos! :) Raging Waters is a blast. He could easily stay all day & not get bored!

Yes, Temple Square is another place he could go & walk around for a few hours...they are building a new Mall across the street from Temple Square that may be open by next year!

When are you coming? Maybe we can get the Utah Gals together for lunch??

Not sure about ESPN Zone....my DH doesn't like Sports, so I am not to hip to alot of that type of stuff....

Erin K
07-30-2007, 09:28 PM
I wanna come!

something new to be jealous of it.

workin4stamps
07-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Is it going to be back in SLC next year? I've got a sister in Ogden which is about 30 min. from Salt Lake I think. Maybe I can get my act together by then and finally sign up with SU. Then I could meet you there!

yes, Back in SLC!!! For the next 3 years I heard....I was sort of hoping for something closer to home, but oh well!

Traci

workin4stamps
07-30-2007, 09:47 PM
When are you coming? Maybe we can get the Utah Gals together for lunch??

Not for a whole 'nother year!!!! Sigh.

Traci

Firecracker
07-30-2007, 10:36 PM
You know will have to get together. I have not heard of ESPN Zone. I will see if my dad knows or I will find something out. Chat soon. Hugs, Heather

shuggy
07-30-2007, 11:44 PM
we don't have an espn zone. there is arena football, don't know how long they play though. and real salt lake which is soccer, if they are still around. lots of golf.

workin4stamps
07-31-2007, 06:55 AM
we don't have an espn zone. there is arena football, don't know how long they play though. and real salt lake which is soccer, if they are still around. lots of golf.

I guess the Zone is in Denver. I was getting confused because someone mentioned going to it at THIS year's convention.

He does like Arena Football. I'll have to find out more about that!

Traci

BeckyButtshaw
07-31-2007, 09:03 AM
yeah-we have the ESPN Zone here-mostly it's just a restaurant with a thousand tv's on just about every sporting event going on-paradise for my DH!