PDA

View Full Version : I am serious about us sending Whoopie some cards

iloveflipflops
08-01-2007, 07:26 PM
to congratulate her for being on the show. I just emailed Elizabeth asking her for the View's address but I looked around the website and found this:

The View
320 West 66th Street
New York, NY 10023

And if enough of us from the Stamp Shack do this, maybe she will be in total awe and say something about us on her show. That would be so neat.

Barb, are you with me on this???

Erin K
08-01-2007, 07:33 PM
You have Elizabeth, who you don't like's email?

iloveflipflops
08-01-2007, 07:59 PM
HA - she was the only one that said "I read my email everyday so don't be surprised if you hear back from me right away" or something to that effect. It was on their website.

GrammaStamper
08-01-2007, 08:09 PM
to congratulate her for being on the show. I just emailed Elizabeth asking her for the View's address but I looked around the website and found this:

The View
320 West 66th Street
New York, NY 10023

And if enough of us from the Stamp Shack do this, maybe she will be in total awe and say something about us on her show. That would be so neat.

Barb, are you with me on this???

Absolutely, I'll go make a card either later tonight, or tomorrow morning when it's cooler. Will we send them independently, or will you coordinate and send a pile all at once?

iloveflipflops
08-01-2007, 08:12 PM
I think if we each send one in .. not sure i can do anymore coordinating cards at this point if you know what I mean!!! I think I will write in mine that I belong to an awesome website called The Stamp Shack and we are a stamping website .... blah, blah .... I need to think about it.

My3Ds
08-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Here's a plan. Tell me to butt out if you think I'm over stepping any boundaries.

Let's all send in a card and say that we are members of the Stamp Shack. We can stagger mail dates so that the cards sort of arrive at the same time. Like: Monday, August 13 International members mail. August 15, West Coast girls mail and then August 17 East Coast girls mail. Or just simply pick one date for all of us drop our cards in the mail. I think this would be cool. We may even get asked to attend a taping. ;)

GrammaStamper
08-01-2007, 08:27 PM
I think if we each send one in .. not sure i can do anymore coordinating cards at this point if you know what I mean!!! I think I will write in mine that I belong to an awesome website called The Stamp Shack and we are a stamping website .... blah, blah .... I need to think about it.

That work's. Whoever is participating should send in the same blurb about the Stamp Shack. If she see's it often enough, it will be remembered.

tojoco
08-01-2007, 08:41 PM
So what is the wording for the same blurb and when the the mid-south and mid-west have to send their cards in. Whoopie doesn't even start until September. Do you think we should send them in before that?

iloveflipflops
08-01-2007, 08:44 PM
that's right ... she starts the first day after Labor Day so that must be Sept. 4th. We don't want them to go too early do we?

I think Gaerria has a good idea started ... what do you think??

tojoco
08-01-2007, 08:47 PM
OK my family lives in the New York area and sometimes one of my cards can take 7 days to reach them so I guess I'll plan on sending out my card to Whoopie on August 23rd. Who is going to establish the same blurb?

iloveflipflops
08-01-2007, 09:13 PM
someone else write it ... mine sounded dumb.

Vintagegal
08-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm in. I'm thinking of sending her a "...View" Survival Kit inside an altered paint can. Then, inside, a card that mentions that I'm a member of the Stamp Shack.

Vintagegal
08-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh....I'm not writing a blurb. I was saying I was "in" as far as sending Whoopie something.

Spartymom
08-01-2007, 09:31 PM
ethel, what a fun idea for a view survival kit. I think a blurb would be good to say....shack friend. I'm not good at writing either. I will try to think of something tonight. IS it a congrats card that we are sending, thinking of you or what?

Jailbirdstamper
08-01-2007, 11:31 PM
how fun! I want to send a card!

Caboverde1
08-02-2007, 12:05 AM
I ll do it too...lets welcome the "whoopster" shack style!

TOnii

MyRnAbS
08-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Okay first I want to know why we are sending cards to whoopie?

Firecracker
08-02-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm in. This will be fun. I'm not good at writing a blurb so hopefully someone will do it. This will be fun. Hugs, Heather

loobylou
08-02-2007, 05:08 AM
Who is whoopie?? and why are we sending cards
Clueless in Australia
Sarah

iloveflipflops
08-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Whoopie Goldberg is a comedian and I have always loved her. She is now a new co-host on the View. I thought it would be neat if we sent her cards saying Congratulations from all of us at the Stamp Shack and maybe she would mention it on the tv. Or better yet, fly us ALL there for a taping of one of their shows. lol

ccstampin12
08-02-2007, 09:09 AM
You girls are so funny!
I'll send a card when y'all decide what to say, and when to send, and the address to send it!
Joanie

MyRnAbS
08-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Sherri,
I'm in!! I just thought you were talking about a whoopie cushion or something. I had totally missed that first post, but I read it a while after. So what do we put as a blurb? Or should we all send the cards to you with postage and all and you send to her? Or what do we do?? I'm getting nervous!!! What will we wear? How many days do you think they'll fly us for? How exciting!!! I can hardly wait to go to a show of the view, that's it I'm packing!

ETA: I almost forgot, since I'm going to win the million dollars that Melissa is offering all of us to vote on, I'll pay for all of us! ;)

logcabincreations
08-02-2007, 09:17 AM
How about if on the back of our cards we include something like....

Handmade especially for you by _________, a member of The Stamp Shack
www.stamp-shack.com

I think we should send them starting now....because of mail delays...etc. I just bet that the show will let Whoopie know she's getting a lot of mail. She'll have time to read them before she starts work after Labor Day.

teabear
08-02-2007, 09:55 AM
All I can say is thank goodness Sarah asked the million dollar question...Tami who is clueless in CA...LOL

JBgreendawn
08-02-2007, 10:47 AM
All I can say is thank goodness Sarah asked the million dollar question...Tami who is clueless in CA...LOL

hee hee i was thinking something very similar actually.

Okay so i know who Whoopie is... but, what is the show? Like a play?
whats the story line about?

MyRnAbS
08-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Stacy,
The view is that silly show with barbara walters! You know that silly one with all the four gals. Rosie odonnel was just kicked out, and I guess now whoopie cushion is taking her place. I can bet that whoopie kicks someone's behind on there! ;)

JBgreendawn
08-02-2007, 11:04 AM
I actually don't watch TV ( i have like 3 or 4 shows at night i see but, they are not playing them anymore so?)
I watch LOST, and Grey's anatomy, and (ha Ive forgotten the others... but, they are on at night when everyone else turns the TV on haha)
:)

Jovi
08-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Sounds like fun :)

threefriends91
08-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Sherri, this is a great idea, lets see l live in Toronto Ontario,Canada it would take at least 7 to 10 days to get there, so l will mail mine on Aug.24th. l hope everyone jumps on board this would be great

Darleneh710
08-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi Sherri,
This sounds like a really great idea! I am in. I will just have to check back to see when y'all are gonna be sending them and what the blurb y'all will be using. Whoopie is one of my faves as well
:)

iloveflipflops
08-02-2007, 07:55 PM
So are we all in agreement - this is what we should write on the back of the card?

Handmade especially for you by _________, a member of The Stamp Shack
www.stamp-shack.com

stampcrazyjulie
08-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Sounds like a plan to me! :)

BUT.....we all had better make sure that we are spelling her name right....I believe she spells it Whoopi without the "e" or am I wrong and it's spelled another way?

GrammaStamper
08-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Okay, I'll put that on my card.

mydogstinks2
08-02-2007, 09:15 PM
This is a great idea!! I'll get my card made tomorrow and have it ready to go!

iloveflipflops
08-02-2007, 09:31 PM
The View welcomes Whoopi Goldberg to the panel!

This is the correct spelling for Whoopi according to the View's website ....