PDA

View Full Version : I went to Curves

Spartymom
08-02-2007, 10:19 AM
I worked out 3x at Curves this week. The girls have been at VBS so I had to take advantage of that. I walked in, and the employees were shocked to see me. It was nice to be back. But, now I won't go again until school starts in Sept.

hbpuppy
08-02-2007, 10:23 AM
That's great that youi had some "me" time this week. Maybe you can slip in another half hour for yourself between now and school. I know that when I exercise that I have a lot more energy to get things done throughout the day and I sleep better too.

workin4stamps
08-02-2007, 10:24 AM
hurray for you!! It has been hard for me lately too. We had to change gyms, and now we have to drive further to go. Plus our new place is only open 3 mornings a week instead of 5. It's really hard to keep moving, but I do feel a lot better when I do!!

Traci

ccstampin12
08-02-2007, 10:43 AM
So, tell me about Curves....What do you do? How does it work? I'm wondering if I should start going now that the asthma/allergies are calmer!
Plus, I'm kinda "old"....are the exercises "easy?" LOL
I can't do things that will strain my back and neck as they're fragile.
Any info will be appreciated!
Joanie

teabear
08-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Oh, Kim, thanks for sharing this. I haven't been to Curves this summer vacation. I'm feeling so bad about it, but we've been so busy.

Joanie, you should definitely go in for a free visit and workout. Call them and set up an appointment. There are some machines you may have to modify, but it's not hard. I love my curves workouts. There is a 90 year old lady who works out at mine...I know you can do it! You work as hard as you wish, the machines are resistance not weights. You can make it really easy to start and work up. Go for it!

ccstampin12
08-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks, Tami!
I've been "thinking about it" for over a year now!!!
LOL
Joanie

Spartymom
08-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Tami says, "Oh, Kim, thanks for sharing this. I haven't been to Curves this summer vacation. I'm feeling so bad about it, but we've been so busy."

I haven't been since May when DD got out of preschool. I thought I would be walking during the summer, but no-I"ve been busy too.

Joanie, you really should consider. I enjoy the older ladies and younger ones too that work out. They are great to talk too, plus we all get our excerise. IT's very inexpensive and you really do feel great after. Like Tami mentioned the machines are very easy to do and you would get a free workout the first day to see if it's something you like.

ccstampin12
08-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks to you too, Kim!
Joanie

threefriends91
08-02-2007, 12:29 PM
wow sounds good, l had by-pass surgery on my legs last year and l miss working out, l have changed my eating habits but l'm still 29pds over weight. my daughter has been asking me to join with her and l think it would be great. so what l have heard you all say is its o.k. to go when we can. is it a year membership or lifetime membership?

Erin K
08-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Kim, that is so awesome and I'm so proud of you.

directmailscrapper
08-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Kim, that's great that you are going back to Curves! I've been paying for a year and haven't been there ONCE! Maybe now I'll be motivated to go.

Joanne -- my 74 year old mother goes to Curves and she has NEVER participated in any kind of organized athletic activity before in her whole life! She keeps telling me how much more flexible she feels and how much more energy she has when she goes.

For anyone who has never been to Curves before -- they usually let you try it once for free. It's NOT hard to do -- it takes a couple of times to learn what you are supposed to do -- but it is not hard. You make the effort what you can -- if you are really out of shape -- no problem. If you want a better workout -- you can do that too.

What I liked about it when I was a regular is that you can't spend more than 1/2 hour there. How cool is that?

Ok, now I think I've convinced MYSELF to go back! BTW -- on Nutrisystem -- I'm down about 16 pounds and holding -- week 5.

MidwestStamper
08-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I too went back to Curves this past Saturday--I hadn't made it there all summer since my boys got off of school. I was sure that I had gained 10 lbs. because I felt so flabby--but I was only up 3 lbs.! I WAS flabby because I haven't been working out like I was used to at Curves--it really does make a difference for how you feel! I love Curves!